Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

Topic Tools
Old April 21st, 2012, 08:50 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Can a mp3 be spliced to lenghten palying time?

I hope somebody here can understand what I would like to do.
I've created a slideshow that is lengthy ( 188 pictures ). Each picture runs for 4 seconds.
I've chosen an mp3 to play in the background, but the mp3 is only about two minutes long, and the slideshow is over eleven minutes long.
I'm using Windows Live Movie Maker. I can insert the mp3 numerous times to make it play throughout the slideshow, but after I use DVD Flick to burn it to a DVD for playing on a TV the sound is choppy. The sound is better when I play it on my computer.
I was wondering if there is some sort of free application that I can use to create a new mp3 from the same mp3 that will play continuously throughout the whole slideshow.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Old April 21st, 2012, 09:02 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Audacity is free. I use it on Win7 64 without any problems.

I've edited MP3's with it to remove long pauses and audience noise and the edits are undetectable on replay.
Old April 21st, 2012, 09:26 PM
CTH Subscriber

Thanks Miz, I see that I messed up the spelling in the title of my thread pretty good, but at least you were able to understand what I'm trying to do.
I'll download Audacity, and see if I can figure out how to connect the mp3 numerous times to make it play as one mp3.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 02:53 AM
CTH Subscriber

Hi Miz
I used Audacity, and was finally able to make one long running mp3 to add to my sldieshow. All was well, and the music sounded great while I played it on my computer.
I then added it to the slideshow that I made in Windows Live Movie Maker, and again when I played it on the computer it was great.
Problems surfaced after I used DVD Flick to burn the slideshow to a DVD to play on a TV.
The pictures were fine, but the music was choppy, and would cut out now, and then and then restart.
This has been driving me nuts since last week, and with 175 pictures in the slideshow I'm bleary eyed.
Do you have any idea why the music sounds great during the slideshow when played on the computer, but is choppy when played on a TV?