Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows XP

Notices

Topic Tools
Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:14 AM

Deleting My Recent Documents ?

I have a few questions, as a part of my usual cleaning routine should I be deleting my recent documents as well ? I have over 1000 files in my recent documents along with a bunch of folders, most of the files are resized photo's.

Normally my routine goes like this:

Start-Run-cleanmgr-Temp files.

Start-Control Panel-Internet Options-Delete Browsing History.

Start-Run-%temp%

Empty Recycle Bin.

Also how do I find My Recent Documents ? currently the only way I can find my recent documents is through a browse window at a website like Photobucket, whenever I use my photo resizer it sends the new resized photo to my recent documents, I've looked everywhere on my computer but haven't been able to find my recent documents except through a browse window, is there another way to find it ?

Old April 23rd, 2012, 04:28 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
To display the My Recent Documents folder on the Start menu:
  1. Right-click Start, and then click Properties. Or, if the Start menu is already displayed, right-click an empty area of the Start menu, and then click Properties.
  2. Click Customize.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. Under Recent documents, click to select the List my most recently opened documents check box, click OK, and then click OK. The next time you click Start, the My Recent Documents command is displayed on the Start menu.
To clear the My Recent Documents list, follow these steps:
  1. Right-click Start, and then click Properties. Or, if the Start menu is already displayed, right-click an empty area of the Start menu, and then click Properties.
  2. Click Customize.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. Under Recent documents, click Clear List, click OK, and then click OK. Your most recently used documents are removed from the My Recent Documents folder. Note that this action does not delete the documents from your hard disk.
Actually,those items are just shortcuts. Although there are many, they are very small. Eventually, older ones will drop out to make room for new. In other words, this folder behaves the same as the start menu's recent list but the list is longer.
Old April 24th, 2012, 03:28 AM

Your so awesome Murf ! thank you.

Kelly
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:43 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Your welcome.
Old May 9th, 2012, 03:21 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
As a side note, theres a nice program that does all the cleaning for you. Ccleaner, google it if your interested, I believe its still free.