Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows XP

Notices

Topic Tools
Old May 5th, 2012, 09:04 PM

Webcam with no name or numbers

I have this old webcam from 2005 i believe from a friend who passed it to me with no info or cd with it, its very nice but cant get it to work on my pc.

since i could not find any info on it i opened it up and read numbers off the circuit board, not sure this will help me but i have tried hundreds of drivers and softwares to find the driver and got no results... here is the numbers on the cam motherboard- 2006.07.31
6LEDTP8800
OV7640

this is the only thing available for info.... I will post a photo of the cam which i noticed there are a few that resembles it but no drivers make mine work.

Old May 6th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Linux
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/downloa...t-home-edition
May not identify it by name but will give a Vendor and product ID that will help.
After installation, look down the left side for "physical devices" and find the camera on the right and let us know what it has identified.
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:59 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Welcome to CTH

The OV7640 is the sensor used in many camera's and web cams. ANd made by Omnivision.

The actual data sheet can be found HERE, each manufacture of the web cam will have their own drivers. Somewhere on the web cam the brand should be stamped??