Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Topic Tools
Old October 31st, 2017, 06:12 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Router/modem trouble with Netflix

So we have been having trouble with internet timeout and internet speed. ISP told us to try a new Modem. So we got a new NetGear ac1200 modem/router. It seem to be faster. but when i tried to use Netflix it gave me a error message that i was using a VPN or Proxy. I was not using them. i read up on it and googled it. couldn't find any good answers. Called support for netgear and spent 3 hours on the phone with them and all we managed to do was reset it. Called netflix and they said to call ISP and have them reset internet settings to default on there end. called ISP they didn't seem to know what i was talking about. so i looked around in the settings and couldn't figure anything out so i called ISP and had them switch the modem back to the old one and netflix works again.
i called netflix and they said to check setting on new router to make sure my DNS was automatic and to make sure my router wasn't making it look like i was using a VPN. I feel lost lol. thought i would try here before i took router back
Thanks

Netflix Error Message
“You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy. Please turn off these services and try again”

Old October 31st, 2017, 09:41 PM
Certifiable Bum

O/S: Linux
who is the isp? how are you trying to watch netflix, if computer, what browser? did you try a different browser? or was it through a streaming device or app on dvd player or tv?
Old November 1st, 2017, 02:16 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Golden Communications is the ISP. I tried on everything. Streaming box, TV, PC, Phone, And iPad. If I turn off WiFi on my phone and run it on LTE it works fine. And didn’t work on Firefox, chrome, or internet explorer.

Last edited by Irons_phoenix; November 1st, 2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old November 1st, 2017, 09:14 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Linux
It is clearly the modem/router.
Can you please advise the exact model of router? Is it the D6200?