Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old October 18th, 2007, 10:13 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Quicken wont let me update my bank info

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Quicken 2007 premier from Quicken 2005 new user. I've used Quicken for years so I thought it would be no problem. Well it upgraded fine, but when I went to update my bank info it gave me two errors. Both of which, according to the Quicken support group, are connectivity errors. I only get them trying to update my bank. If I go through the Quicken program to get to their website, works fine. If I try to get more info, or customer support, works fine.

I've even tried downloading the info from my banks website and just ahving Quicken open it. It wont do that either.

Any help? I have years of info on this computer and I really dont want to have to start over.

Thanks

Old October 18th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows Vista 64-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefertiti View Post
Hi,

I've even tried downloading the info from my banks website and just ahving Quicken open it. It wont do that either.

Any help? I have years of info on this computer and I really dont want to have to start over.

Thanks
When you try to open the downloaded file what does quicken give for an error?
What type (extension) file is the data sent as?
Old October 19th, 2007, 12:38 AM

I get two error messages. One is OL-297-B and the others are OL-221-A and OL-221-B. According to the support staff at Intuit, these are all connectivity errors, that somehow I'm not connecting.

The files I'm downloading are of .QFX extension
The problem is, prior to upgrading, everything worked fine. Also, I've loaded the program onto my husbands laptop and my dad's desktop, and we are all on the same network. I have no problem getting to my bank and getting info on their computers. Only mine is having the issue.

I've also already spoken with the support at Symantec since I have Norton Internet Security 2008 on my computer. Its not Norton causing the problem. The same program is on my husbands computer.
Old October 19th, 2007, 02:28 PM

So you can move your Quicken data to your husbands laptop and then access your bank from there? Have you tried de-installing and re-installing Quicken on your machine?
Old October 19th, 2007, 05:06 PM

I have uninstalled and re-installed 3 times. I have deleted every single file related to quicken off my computer save the backup which is on another hard drive. When I re0installed it acted as though my computer had never seen Quicken before. so it replaced everything. I didnt import the backup because I wanted to see if it would work.

It still didn't.
Old October 19th, 2007, 06:43 PM

Can you download data from any place into Quicken on your machine?
Old October 19th, 2007, 09:29 PM

No. On my machine, none of the financial institutions work.
Old October 19th, 2007, 10:03 PM

Are you sure it is not a firewall issue? What are you running for a firewall on your PC?
Old September 24th, 2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefertiti View Post
I get two error messages. One is OL-297-B and the others are OL-221-A and OL-221-B. According to the support staff at Intuit, these are all connectivity errors, that somehow I'm not connecting.

The files I'm downloading are of .QFX extension
The problem is, prior to upgrading, everything worked fine. Also, I've loaded the program onto my husbands laptop and my dad's desktop, and we are all on the same network. I have no problem getting to my bank and getting info on their computers. Only mine is having the issue.

I've also already spoken with the support at Symantec since I have Norton Internet Security 2008 on my computer. Its not Norton causing the problem. The same program is on my husbands computer.
I had the same problem. It is the settings in Explorer, a tech at Quicken finally figured it out for me, this needs to be done to make it work. Just make sure your financial institution is on the Quicken list of QFX banks also.

I am using Vista SP2, IE7, Quicken 2009 R6

Open Internet Explorer
Go to Tools
Go to Internet options
Go to Advanced
Go to Security
Maks sure all the options below (4) are unchecked. If not uncheck them and apply.

Check for pulisher's certificat revocation
Check for server certificate revocation*
Check for signatures on downloaded programs
Enable memory protection to help migrate online attacks

A QFX file should work in quicken now. Option two has an asterick which means you need to restart Internet Explorer.

If you can't uncheck number 4, it has to be done by being a administer, other wise it is not able to change.

Hope this helps, camminc
Old September 24th, 2009, 12:30 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
This thread is almost two years old, camminc, so I imagine the original poster has the problem solved by now.
Closed Topic