Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Topic Tools
Old March 4th, 2008, 05:54 PM

Compaq Presario beeping green light back of power supply

I got a Compaq Presario and when everything is connected the green light on the back of the power supply keeps blinking and when I press the power button it doesn't turn on. I figured out a way to get passed this, but I wasnt to know how to fix it so I don't have this problem anymore. What I do to make the computer turn on is, I leave the power cord plugged in and then I carefully unplug the P7 connector from the motherboard and then the P1 connector. Then when I look at the back of the power supply the green light isnt blinking anymore so I plug in the P7 connector and the the P1 connector and press the power button and it turns on. The way this messes up is when I unplug the power cord from the power supply and hold down the power button. Once all the juice is out from the motherboard I plu back the power cord and the green light starts blinking and the computer wont turn on.

What is the problem? I think it's the motherboard, but it makes no sense that it still works when you do unplug and plu everything back. I have tried another power supply too so that wasn't the problem. I think its the P1 connector on the motherboard. Any help?

Old March 4th, 2008, 06:24 PM
CTH Subscriber

Which Compaq Presario do you have?
Old March 4th, 2008, 06:38 PM

It's a...

SR1030NX and the product number is DW256A-ABA.
Old March 4th, 2008, 07:54 PM

I've narrowed it down to being the P1 connector...but when I do the whole unplugging and plugging thing it works.

Last edited by giss32; March 4th, 2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old March 14th, 2008, 01:04 AM

I just encountered the same problem with my compaq. I think it has something to do with the battery charging up after the computer has been unplugged. I just left it alone for a few minutes and the blinking stopped and everything was back to normal.