Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows XP

Notices

Topic Tools
Old April 27th, 2008, 12:49 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Need Driver for LG GSA-2164D

Yes I have a "LG External Super Multi DVD Rewriter" works just fine with the drivers. Symptoms are cd-r and cd-rw works great and very fast. The dvd-r and dvd-rw stop working and when it did work I was very pleased indeed. With this unit I need a particular firmware and drivers. I did have the right drivers on the manufacture’s driver cd. At one time I was able to download the drivers off the “LG” website. It sure would be nice to have the right drivers again.
If, anyone can find the download page for the drivers, I certainly would appreciate this very much.

Notice on the LG website there are no drivers now. But at one time they did.

http://us.lge.com/support/download/s...SA-2164D.jhtml

Thank You Very Much

Remember “A bird in the hand is better then a bush”

Old April 27th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIR...164D-101.shtml

It says it's for all versions of Windows. I only found the page. I know nothing about the drive or the drivers so I make no guarantees.
Old April 27th, 2008, 04:57 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
On the actual drive label there is printed "ROM ver. 1.01"; this much is clear and the link leads to this driver. It is a shame the supportive RAM drivers were not present. This explains the cd-r works fine.
Now for the "dvd-r & dvd-rw" issue no go yet. BUT the driver you posted fixed one issue though; I can now right-click the drive in the windows' directory file tree and eject disk. Now, the other part of the driver for the process with burning (dvd-r, dvd-rw) RAM I have two other drives mounted internally that operates perfectly without going out of my way downloading any drivers and they have the same functionality; strange. On the other hand, having no online beefs, this leaves out there is a great deal of problems with this model GSA-2164D which I have explained. I did read someplace where there is a possibility of causing a problem with this certain model with flashing. I have never had a “Flash” problem that I am aware of. I am pretty sure that this piece of hardware is not cheap and there are a lot more drivers that are involve. Because of the many different functions it possesses. I firmly believe it has a driver issue or it had been flashed incorrectly somehow. I wonder if there is a way to unflash this drive. I will need to burn some more mid-night oil. Forgive the pun and oil IS a dirty word in my home.

Thank You Very Much