Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Topic Tools
Old July 21st, 2011, 05:14 AM

Bing: Pardon the interruption....

Has anyone using Bing had a page come up that says something along the lines of:

"Pardon the interruption. We know you want to get back to searching, and we want to help you do that. We ask that you view the characters in the following picture and enter them in the box below."

You are then presented with about four, or, five characters to enter.

I did not enter the characters. I just closed my browser (IE9), re-opened it, and went on my merry way. It has only happened once, but, I decided to post here to see if anyone else has seen this weirdness.

So, how about it? Anyone see this?

Old July 21st, 2011, 05:27 PM
Malware Removal Team Advisor

No. But a google search shows only one real result. It could be a problem with the site and its code which is causing the issue. Do you remember which site this was?
Old July 21st, 2011, 07:12 PM

I was searching for pictures of a particular home, but, didn't actually visit a specific site. After searching, I closed the browser and then decided to do another search. Bing is my current home page. When I opened my browser again, instead of seeing the standard Bing page, I got that message about needing to enter that string of characters to proceed. I closed, then opened IE kind of fast. I guess Bing got confused?
Old July 21st, 2011, 09:59 PM

That kind of copy the letters you see is something you might find when signing onto a secure site. I don't know what else to tell you.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:58 AM

Yeah. No problem. I just wanted to know if anyone had seen it, and if it was a known problem. I have not seen it since, so......

Thanks Mosaic.

Last edited by manfrensengen; July 22nd, 2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2011, 03:40 AM

You're welcome. Somreimes there isn't much information to be found.
Old August 24th, 2011, 02:05 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

It seems to either be a captcha security warning or a coding error on the website you were visiting. If it's an error then it's an error on their end not yours.

If it was a captcha warning then it's common these days to stop bots overloading a site's servers or submit nusiance forms.
Old April 17th, 2012, 03:08 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Unhappy Bing, Pardon the Interuption

I just rebuilt my Win 7 machine and when I try to use Bing Search it get the "Pardon the Interuption" warning and the want me to put in the graphic letters. I did that and I still get the warning. Bing is not working for me. I can find no way to overcome the message and use Bing. It says the I or some other computer on my Home Network has been doing too much searching. I don't think so. Any Ideas's