Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Topic Tools
Old November 8th, 2016, 06:35 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Inconsistent internet connections

For a long time I've been using Opera as my main browser with Chrome and FF as "backups." A few days ago a weird thing started happening with all of them: I'm having trouble reaching some websites sometimes. I think it's about site security; it seems to only happen with https sites. But it's very inconsistent. On facebook, sometimes I can't even access it (error message says "this site can't be reached"), sometimes I have it up with no pictures, and sometimes it looks fine but if I click a link to go to some other page there are no pictures there, and then sometimes it works fine no matter what page I'm on.

As far as I know, I haven't changed any settings having to do with web security. (I don't even know what they would be.)

My other Win 7 pc seems to be okay, and the laptop with Win8 is okay.

We got Uverse internet on Oct 21 and everything's been working until a couple days ago. I changed my usb network adapter and it didn't help. I've also changed the in-home network (we have 5gh and 2.4 gh).

Other sites that I've had this happen with are yayamarket.com, sites where I pay bills (utilities), and my doctor's patient portal, but there's no "flopping around" like with facebook, I can sometimes access them and sometimes not.

Restarting the pc makes everything work for a while then it goes back to the way it was.

Does anyone have any wisdom to share about what could be causing this?

Edit: But wait! There's more! On sites that I can access, like CNN, some of the images are there but some display the little "broken" image icon in the corner instead.

Last edited by jLittle; November 8th, 2016 at 11:29 PM.