Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Topic Tools
Old January 1st, 2017, 07:45 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Unhappy Online Videos Very Choppy

I have a problem with my laptop. It's not an emergency problem but I am going crazy trying to fix this myself. I have tried, off and on, for the last year or so and I finally give up. I can either watch movies on line or I can't. I just need someone with more knowledge than I to tell me so! LOL

I use to download them and watch them but that is a big NO NO. So I have been trying to be a good girl and watch online. They play so bad online I can't stand it!!! I have tried different sites but it's all the same. I don't have a TV so online videos are it!

Someone please tell me what I'm missing!!! I hope like h^ll it's not hardware but I need to fix this for my own peace of mind. I'm so tired of researching and trying the fixes that never work. The videos are extremely jumpy but the sound is fine. I have an Eee PC 1005hab and running Windows 7 Ultimate.
Please, SOMEBODY!!! I tried hard to do it myself but I don't know much about multimedia stuff.
Thanks, Melody

Old January 1st, 2017, 08:47 AM
Certifiable Bum

O/S: Linux
are you watching them via wifi or wire? what browser? did you try another browser? what internet package do you subscribe to - what speed?

one thing to note, unless they are a mainstream site like netflix, you are at the mercy of the site your are streaming from - most are slow.

Last edited by renegade600; January 1st, 2017 at 08:59 AM.
Old January 1st, 2017, 07:43 PM

I think it depends on your internet connection. In the post, you didn't tell us about your internet connection or the speed of it.

Which type of internet connection you are using? Wired, wireless?

Internet connection subscription plan?

Where did you watch those videos?

Have you tried YouTube.com? What's the result?
Old January 6th, 2017, 06:36 AM

I'm going to try to answer all of you at once. So here goes ...... I am on a wireless network, tried Firefox and Chrome, ISP is Comcast, not sure about internet speed. I went to a few sites and they all had different answers. I tried watching videos at 123Movies.to, Putlocker, popcornflix and yes Utube. Everyone else in this house can watch them but not me!!!! So it has to be something on my pc or a setting. Right??
Old January 6th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Certifiable Bum

if possible, try a wire connection to see if it is any better. this will make it easier to tell if your wifi is the problem.
Old January 6th, 2017, 07:02 PM

It's not the wi-fi cause my brother and sister are on the same wi-fi but their movies play fine.
Old January 6th, 2017, 08:19 PM
Certifiable Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodysue View Post
It's not the wi-fi cause my brother and sister are on the same wi-fi but their movies play fine.
makes absolutely no difference. we are talking about a different computer, with different software, with different hardware, in a different part of the house. Just because some has no problems with wifi, don't mean others can't.

it would be wasting your time and ours if we spend all the time changing settings and trying different things when the problem could be the signal strength to your computer.

In addition to trying wire, also try a power cycle on the router and modem. Unplug both from power for about 30 seconds, plug in the modem and wait for it to initialize. then plug in the router.
Old January 11th, 2017, 06:05 AM

No, made no difference. Now what?
Old January 11th, 2017, 06:33 AM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Update your graphics driver. It's free, won't cost you a penny, and...it's free. Even if it doesn't solve your problem, it's the first step you should take anyway.

If you don't know how, just ask.
Old January 17th, 2017, 08:54 PM

I went to update graphics card under display adapters, it gives me "Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family." Doesn't mention graphics card. I'm pretty sure it use to.
Old January 25th, 2017, 01:03 AM

I am having trouble with my keyboard so I have ordered another one. as soon as I replace it I will come back and finish this problem with you. Till then, thanks for the help so far.
Old January 25th, 2017, 01:47 AM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

You can nab and install the graphic chip driver from here ---->LINK.

Choose the Win 7 one from that page.