Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Topic Tools
Old June 22nd, 2017, 05:27 PM

need windows 7 for LENOVO

Hi I've just come by a nice old S10-3 that has been making me crazy. It finally turns out that the source of my problems with it ,(failure to update, download drivers, no wireless, etc, etc, ad nauseum), is that the OS, (windows 7 ultimate), is pirated. Does anyone out there happen to have a windows 7 OS for Lenovo they wouldn't mind parting with??

Old June 23rd, 2017, 08:42 AM

O/S: Linux
I am thinking not as any replies would jeopardise our forum..
Old June 23rd, 2017, 09:40 AM
Certifiable Bum

oem can never be transfer to another computer per microsofts license, if you are looking for free or cheap, maybe give linux a try, it is free.
Old June 23rd, 2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
oem can never be transfer to another computer per microsofts license, if you are looking for free or cheap, maybe give linux a try, it is free.
And amazing....
Old June 23rd, 2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
And amazing....
Not sure the point of that comment. Dan is 100% correct. The OP asked for "a windows 7 OS for Lenovo". That automatically implies an OEM license and as Dan noted, they can never be [legally] transferred to another computer (regardless the owner of that second computer). This would violate the terms of the EULA the owner of the original computer agreed to abide by when they decided to keep using the product after the first boot.

So it is not a matter of jeopardizing the forum (though it would violate forum rules). It is about protecting readers by ensuring posters remain legal and forum members/advisers are not proposing and condoning illegal activities.

BTW, before Microsoft bashers clamber on, this is not a Microsoft exclusive policy. Many OEM products are licensed for exclusive use on the "O"riginal "E"quipment only.