Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Topic Tools
Old July 16th, 2017, 08:28 PM

Uninstalling

I am running Win Ultimate 7. I tried a couple of different programs to se whether I might like them or not, found out they were more expensive than they were worth, (to me). Now, no matter what, I can't uninstall them. When I go to uninstall them, I get the message, "wait until the current program is finished". This has been going on for three days. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One is "Chromium", the other is a "re imaging program. Thanks, Bill

Old July 17th, 2017, 03:03 AM

You might try uninstalling them from safe mode. Sometimes if a program is active (auto starts with windows) it will refuse to uninstall while it's still running. You might also try looking in the task manager for the process that is active for that program and stop it if you can tell which one is for that app. Then try uninstalling after that. There are a few programs that you need to run the installation again and when you do, it gives you the options of installing, repairing, or uninstalling. If that's the case the installer will stop all processes for you and then uninstall the program. If all else fails go into safe mode and start system restore, ask to see more restore points and choose one prior to the installation date. If you unsure what the date of installation is, you can often figure it out by looking in the program files or (x86) directory for dates that correspond to the installation.
Old July 17th, 2017, 09:14 AM

Thank you so much, it worked like a charm.