Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal Forum

Notices

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old June 28th, 2008, 07:42 PM

Admin loggin

I think i have the same problem as you Stitches335, but dahli the file you posted to click on THIS FILE it wont let me look at it? I copied and pasted what it says here.
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /fileasso/exefix_vista.zip on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.winhelponline.com Port 80

Also how do you log in as an Adim.?

Last edited by RedForman; June 28th, 2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: I dont know how to log in as an admin.

Old June 28th, 2008, 07:59 PM

redforman,
i have the solution; go to the website that is listed on that page.on the right of that website there is a link that says "windows vista (124)." click on it. go to the third page and click on the story that is the second one down that says " restore the .exe file association for windows vista..." follow the instructions. that was the one that worked for me. the one dahli gave me is on page 3 also and it is the last one down that says " file association fixes for windows vista" i'll post the links below. if you are having my problems, use the first link. if it doesnt work, use dahli's link.

link1
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...plication.html

link2
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ows-Vista.html
Old June 28th, 2008, 09:52 PM

ok now i have a different problem...
now when i try to download something, it brings me to that page where it asks me what app i want to use. so i tried to download that .exe file association fix thing and that opens up as an internet file and i can't compress it but all it does is open and close an internet explorer page rapidly. any more ideas???
Old June 29th, 2008, 01:05 AM

ok sorry nevermind i fixed it...
dahli,
thanks for all of your help (i dont know where i'd be without you). i will definately use you guys again if i have another problem with my computer.
-stitches
Old June 29th, 2008, 07:47 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
I found this thread thru google and I am having the same problem with the rundll32.exe. I tried to click the fix that you provided but it wanted to know what program to open it with. So I tried the next message which said click here and it was supposed to take you to the thread which has the number 86677. It says that thread is no longer there. Can you please help me fix this? It's driving me nuts!
Old July 3rd, 2008, 07:54 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Exclamation

Any suggestions!!
Old July 16th, 2008, 09:22 PM

Wink On the Money

My nephew had this problem - I emailed him the zip file, and all went well. No more problems. Thanks for clear, concise results!!
Closed Topic