Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal Forum

Notices

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old September 4th, 2006, 01:48 AM

Unhappy how to remove Mtc.makemesearch.com

I use AVG anti virus, Zone alarm for firewall, and spybot for spyware. I also use Firefox for browsing. My computer started running slow. I ran a spybot check and MTC.Makesearch.com, NewdotNet, and win32.small.v and tibs How do I remove these items. My knowledge of computers is limited.. I think these things got on my computer when my daughter used IE for some work related downloads and when she checked her e-mail

Last edited by relletyerots; September 4th, 2006 at 01:14 PM.

Old September 4th, 2006, 03:53 PM
CTH Subscriber

Hello and welcome to CTH,

Have a look in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel and see if there is an entry for New.net or NewDotNet. If there is, uninstall this program and reboot. If there is no entry, download and run the New.net uninstaller from here. Reboot afterwards.

Then follow the directions here to download and run HijackThis and to post the log it creates.
Old September 5th, 2006, 09:54 PM

problem fixed

Thanks for the help I was able to remove newnet and makemesearch.com The other problems were removed by using another antispyware program. everything seems to be good for now
Old September 8th, 2006, 03:56 PM
CTH Subscriber

Glad to hear that all is well.
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:49 PM

Help

Okay, so I clicked on the link for New.net uninstaller and I did not see what I needed to download. I clicked around and it was just links for sponser after sponsor, nothing more. Help! :-( I have MTC.Makesearch.com and Huntbar.Stoolbar and spybot is unable to remove them.
Old August 6th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Malware Removal Team Advisor

Those vendors haven't been in business for a very long time, so the websites have long since been picked up by someone else. Other than a welcome to CTH NoelleDeWinter, what you need to do right off is to start your own request thread. Just follow the steps at the bottom here for that. Once you have done that, one of us will respond there as time permits. I will go ahead and close this thread, so others do not add their requests to it.
Closed Topic