Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Topic Tools
Old September 4th, 2006, 05:43 AM

DELL 2400 dimension pc abcd lights???

OK, I do computer repair(sideline as you can see here) BUT not on dells, I have a dell here that will not power up so say, when you press the main button on the front you have two small lights there a yellow on the left and a green on the right, the green goes for awhile and then the yellow is the one that stays on there, now the back the abcd lights I have none except on the d a steady yerllow, have un hooked everything and reconnected with no results, NOT sure about what the hell the abcd lights stand for and in the dell site it does not specify each is what, and the codes there are no match to mine here, I also have on the motherboard itself a constant green, so you experts out there any suggestions, anything wold be greatly appreciated, I have no screen at all no matter what I try too.............

Old September 4th, 2006, 06:12 AM
<- My cat, Jeep

O/S: Linux
You can find Dell's advance troubleshooting guide for the Dimension 2400 here. It includes the diagnostic lights...

The last Dell I worked on with those symptoms turned out to be a bad motherboard, but this could be totally different. If I were you, I would forget about the lights and fall back on your own experience. What do you do when a computer just rolls over and plays dead? Disconnect the drives, peripherals, remove any PCI cards, and see if it goes. Try reseating memory if you have not already (I think you might have). Try using a known good power supply.