Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Topic Tools
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:38 AM

O/S: Windows Vista
Question Can't uninstall iMesh

I want iMesh off my computer, but when I click on the uninstaller, it opens a window for me to look for an INSTALL log file. So I can't uninstall. What can I do to get rid of iMesh?

Old February 5th, 2007, 09:27 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
iMesh is crap software, This is the way how to remove it:

Solution 1:

Download the most recent version of iMesh from http://www.imesh.com ,install it over the previous one, then make sure that iMesh is NOT running and then uninstall. To make sure that iMesh is not running, press Alt+Ctrl+Del and look for "imesh" in the list (Windows NT/2000/XP users have to look both in applications and processes). To shut down iMesh - chose "imesh" and press "end task"/"end process".

To uninstall go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add/Remove programs, chose iMesh and click "Remove" button. Clicking it one time will do the job - if for some reason iMesh still wll be in Add/Remove programs and you'll try to click on "Remove" another time - the "INSTALL.LOG" message will pop-up again. If after all you still see iMesh in Add/Remove programs - delete manually iMesh directory (usually it's "c:\program files\iMesh\" directory) and the entry will dissapear. Make sure you do it after uninstalling iMesh!!!

Solution 2:

Do the following only if Solution 1 did not work for some reason.
Go to Start > Run... > Type: "regedit" ( without quotations ).
Now that you are in Window's Registry Editor go to My Computer > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software. Now look for the iMesh folder and delete it. After you delete the iMesh folder your computer will no longer identify iMesh as an installed program on your computer. Now go to Start > Search > Type: "imesh" ( without quotations ) and delete the remaining files of iMesh from your computer.

Note that uninstalling iMesh following Solution 2 may not remove all iMesh files from you computer.
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:29 AM

O/S: Windows Vista
Thanks Redapple. Yeah, iMesh is pretty crapy. I haven't even registered, right when I ran the programed I recognized the layout of the software (similar to BearShear's new software), and it is the worst software I have ever delt with. It may have a sleek skin, but it's crap.
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:43 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Glad to be a assistance for you, did the solutions worked?
Old April 26th, 2009, 09:33 PM

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the info......I actually d/loaded programmes to try and force it off, but I did your first evaluation, much appreciated, im using vista instead of xp, otherwise I would have solved this myself.

Vista is new too me, XP was sooooooo much easier, you could tweak it any old how, but as a new user to vista I'm not going to kill another computer loll, so many thanks and im now signed up to a new site for help 2 double whammy bonus cheers dude.
Old April 26th, 2009, 09:40 PM

Also this site might be of use to you!!!

WARNING!!!!!
THIS SITE IS FOR EXPERIENCED USERS OF XP YOU ARE ADVISED TO READ ALL INFORMATION OR RISK DESTROYING YOUR COMPUTER SHOULD YOU IMPLEMENT ANY OF THE SITES TOOLS OR RECOMENDATIONS.

(Other site link, of questionable value, removed by Moderator.)

Last edited by Jintan; November 30th, 2010 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Removed off site redirect link.
Old November 24th, 2010, 12:51 AM

I also am having a problem with iMesh. I installed it into my computer and I also have Itunes installed. I went to the control panel then went to unistall a program and uninstalled imesh. however, now my computer will not even recognize when I hook up my ipod. It always worked fine before I installed imesh but now i can go to "my computer" and it does not show that my ipod is hooked up and my Itunes does not recognize that my ipod is hooked up.
Old November 24th, 2010, 02:26 PM

Welcome my friend....

Have you tried to re-install your IPOD software?

Try unhooking and re-plugging and see if it works for ya

GOOD LUCK!
Old November 25th, 2010, 03:16 AM

What IPOD software?? It's been so long I dont remember downloading any IPOD software.
Old November 29th, 2010, 09:27 PM

i seem to have trouble uninstalling IMESH off too... it keep saying that it's "running now or still in memory." what does that mean? can anyone help me with this?
Old December 13th, 2010, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happylady View Post
i seem to have trouble uninstalling IMESH off too... it keep saying that it's "running now or still in memory." what does that mean? can anyone help me with this?
Hi
I had the same problem!! Tried several ways to uninstall all of them to no avail.
So I downloaded " x-raypc" this shows a detailed list of your computer track down the list and click on "imesh" followed by a dou ble click and then deactivate. Return to Control Panel and uninstall you may have reboot prior to uninstalling. Good luck.
Old January 10th, 2011, 05:44 AM

I have figured it out!
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:46 AM

Well what is your solution?? (Posting it will help others having the same issue )
Old January 12th, 2011, 04:43 PM

I just had to reset my ipod for my problem.
Old March 4th, 2011, 04:48 PM

thanks!

thank for the help u just make my day easier....really really hate"iMesh"....
if there is any other program the could be better than this one plz
do tell me!! that will be great!! thanks!!