Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:42 AM

O/S: Windows 2000
Exclamation How do I Install an Operating System on a Barebone.

Hello All,

I'm a student on a crazy tight budget and I need a new computer because the one I'm using to type this very message is out of date. I have some Ideas on how to save some $$$ but I need your help.

I've been searching aroung Ebay and other auction sites for deals on computers that a have reasonable amount of HD Memory and acceptable processors speeds. Well, I have ran into a load of deals but have come to find that they are Barebones that either don't have Operating Systems installed or require some sort of extra payment to upgrade which, my budget wont permit.

I would like to consider myself computer savvy enough to install the new OS myself but I just don't have any direction or instruction on where to start. If you were to help me out with How to Install an OS on a Barebone I could get my budget computer.

The part where I get lost is how can you upgrade or install a new OS like Windows if the computer doesn't have an OS to begin with. I'm desperate because the semester will be ending shortly and I have papers and other assignments due where its required for me to have something more advanced than Windows 98.

I've seen your other work and I want to thank everyone in advance for eithe providing help or directing me towards it. You all are great!

Jamar

Old April 3rd, 2007, 02:39 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Duplicate topic.
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...d.php?t=151797
Closed Topic