Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

Topic Tools
Old October 27th, 2003, 03:08 PM

print job spooling but not printing

Hi All

Running windows XP with Office XP. When I print a test page itīs ok it prints. From within an application it prints. However, when I try to print an email from Outlook Express or print from within any application help facility, the print job spools to the printer ok, but then does not print. When I printed the test page I saw it in the print queue, and as I pressed print within either of the options mentioned the job was vivible in the print queue only while the test page was printing, once it was finished printing the next in the queue just disappeared. I have uninstalled the printer and its drivers and reinstalled, all to no avail. I am baffled as to why this is happening. Does anyone here have any ideas or solutions? As always any help is greatly appreciated.

Cinders

Old October 27th, 2003, 03:37 PM

It may be your printer went bad. I had a friend that went throught two in one year. What kind is it? If you have access to another printer install it and try again. I used to assemble HP's. How long have you had it?
Old October 27th, 2003, 04:27 PM

Hi Garcu
Thanks for your response. It is an Epson Stylus Color 400. I forgot to say that I just bought a new tower and connected printer to this, but it was working fine before, and as I say it prints ok but not from Outlook express or from help topics, it is really is weird. Will try what you suggest but any other thoughts would be appreciated too thx
Old October 27th, 2003, 08:46 PM

If you can print a test page and data from other programs, then your printer is fine. You have a software problem. If you have the spooler window open, you may want to check the size of the print jobs that do not actually print. If the size is 0 bytes, then it is a printer spooler or printer driver problem.
Old October 28th, 2003, 12:12 PM

Thnx for the reply jdc2000, I will check that