Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows XP

Notices

Topic Tools
Old May 2nd, 2004, 06:05 PM

system shutdown status code 1073741819

After a windows update I now get this status code: 1073741819. The system then shuts down. I've google'd it on another computer and windows has a fix.... installing the latest service pack. How can I install anything when it shuts down before I can get to any site?! They also say you can change the Replicate Every value by using the user interface on the site link to be greater than or equal to 15 and less than or equal to 10,080. Problem is... I don't have the slightest idea what they are talking about or how to do it! Can anyone help?

Old May 2nd, 2004, 06:17 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Hi Tulip,

That error is probably caused by the Sasser Worm. First, enable the Internet Connection Firewall, then follow the instructions in this thread
Old May 2nd, 2004, 08:24 PM

I'll try it.

Thanks, I will try that. I hope I can get on line to do it. I can download from another pc onto a zip but the problem pc does not have a zip. I will see what I can do. Your help is very much appreciated.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 11:42 PM
CTH Subscriber

You're welcome. Enabling the Internet Connection Firewall should help to keep you online long enough to d/load the security patch. If the Shutdown's countdown begins before you're able to access the site and d/load the patch, click Start>Run, and enter "shutdown -a" (without the quotation marks) when the countdown begins....this will abort the shutdown.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 12:47 PM

Success!

Followed all your instructions and it worked like a gem! It was the worm but it's dead and gone now. Again... thanks so much, couldn't have done it without 'cha!
Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:54 PM
CTH Subscriber

You're very welcome! I'm glad that I was able to help you fix the problem
Old May 4th, 2004, 05:00 AM

I got the same message. I patched my PC with the download from the Microsoft website. The message has stopped coming now.

But, I still get a message [LSA Shell (Export Version)] everytime I start my PC.
I drag the error message in one corner and continue working. The PC works just about fine. Only that the message is irritating and worrying.

Please suggest a remedy

Cheers,
Jitesh
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:42 AM

hello - i have the same problem as the above people but mine has an additional complication - my laptop has the feature where you have to sign in (windows xp) so when i turn it on it wont log me in so i cant get to the start menu. does anyone have any suggestions?
Old October 19th, 2009, 11:18 PM

Same issue...

I have same problem as you, Sailorpinkfoil. Were you ever able to figure it out? As soon as the login screen comes up, the System Shutdown window also comes up and I can't login to make any changes. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old November 30th, 2009, 08:28 PM

I got this problem this morning and after a couple of hours this simple solution worked for me.
Shut down. Then turn on, press F8 and start in safe mode. Chose the option of system restore, and just restore your system to the day before the problem happened for the first time.

Things will be alright when the system reboots again.
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:26 PM

I have the same problem as sailorpinkfoil with the login screen but I run windows server 2003 and it will not let me get to safe mode with F8. It has reset continually each time it gets to that screen. any suggestions?