Tutorials | How to install fonts
Free Fonts can be downloaded from many websites on the internet. Often they come in zip files. Before using these fonts you must extract them from their zip file using a program such as winzip or Windows XP's built in Zip software.
This is the procedure to install new fonts on a computer running Windows:
- Left click the Start button, then Settings, and then Control Panel.
- Double left click on Fonts icon. The fonts window will have loaded and all of your currently installed fonts will be listed here.
- Left click File and then Install New Font.
- Then navigate to the folder containing the font(s) you would like to install.
- Select the font(s) that you would like to install and then click OK.
- Windows 95, and 98 users may experience problems if you have more than 1,000 fonts installed. The most common issue is that your computer will slow down considerably because of the increased use of system resources.
Please Note: if you have any questions about this tutorial please ask on our support forums
If you have written a tutorial of your own and would like to have it here on Cyber Tech Help all you have to do is Submit your tutorial and it will be reviewed by the Administrator.