PDA

View Full Version : Can't share wireless connection with wired connection.

protegechris
February 18th, 2006, 08:29 AM
I'm trying to share a connection with my XBox via XP Internet Connection Sharing.

With my laptop, all I needed to do was right click the wireless, and click "Allow other users to share this connection.. etc"

I built a desktop specifically to route the xbox wirelessly (had enough spare parts) with a wireless IDE card and a wired card as well running Windows XP Professional.

My problem is that even when there is no cable in the wired card's slot, it shows a connection and says "Limited or No Connection". XBox shows no connection to any NAT device. The connection light on the wired slot is on.

I have tried bridging, reinstalling TCP/IP, reinstalling system drivers, etc. Nothing seems to work. The drivers for the cards are properly configured in the device list, and the wireless works fine.

Chipset: VIA KX133
Motherboard: Epox EP-7KXA

$5 Paypal to whomever can help me end up fixing this, I've been messing with it for almost a week now and I'm quite frustrated :D

protegechris
February 19th, 2006, 06:17 AM
Bump for this.. it's gotten me :dizzy:

protegechris
February 20th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Most people would assume it's a hardware problem, but the card worked when I used it last month :(

protegechris
March 10th, 2006, 02:30 AM
I went ahead and bought a plain old IDE NIC card from newegg. It installed fine, drivers installed, it's hooked up to the XBox console (which connects fine to my laptop), yet it shows "Network cable unplugged."

Bob64
June 29th, 2006, 04:53 AM
use a crossover cable.

oC007o
July 7th, 2006, 11:32 PM
^^ exactly what i was thinking.