PDA

View Full Version : Lost Aero functionality

MadMouse1
March 20th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Somehow I lost the aero functionality on my Vist Home Premium 32 bit. I tried all of the troubleshooting guides and even spent 3+ hours on the phone with Dell buy couln't find an answer.

Now when I go to personalize-Window color and appearance it is set at "Windows Vista Basic". I change it to "Windows Aero" and apply it and click O.K., but it doesn't "take". I immediately go to the same place and it is back to "Windows Vista Basic".

The theme is set to Windows Vista, and the refresh rate is 60hertz and the performance rating of my setup is 3.2. (This doesn't show under performance and tools. The only thing there is the that the lastv rating was 2/25/07. There is no button to re-scan or anything)

I am at a complete loss and would appreciate any help that I can get.:cry2:

renegade600
March 20th, 2007, 01:42 AM
did it ever had aero functions? Did you purchase the computer with Vista Premium or was it an upgrade?

MadMouse1
March 20th, 2007, 02:33 AM
I purchased the computer with Vista Home Premium on it already and it worked great, but I noticed that it was no longer working, and I don't know exactly when.

Ishq
March 21st, 2007, 08:40 AM
Is the switch between windows icon still in the quick launch?

Pi rules
March 21st, 2007, 11:13 PM
An "experience index" of 3.2 barely meets the requirements for Aero. Did you install the most recent driver for your graphics card?