PDA

View Full Version : calling murf

w1che
February 12th, 2016, 09:02 PM
Close the first window, resize the second window with the mouse to full screen, then hold your "Control" key down while exiting the resized window via "file" then "exit." Be certain to hold the control key down until the screen has exited.

Next time you open any shortcut, it will open maximized.
murf what did you mean VIA FILE? I'm not sure how to do that.. Thanks

Miz
February 12th, 2016, 09:24 PM
I'm not Murf but what that means is click on the word "File" on the Menu Bar (up at the top of the browser window) and at the bottom of the list that opens, click on "Exit."

If the menu bar isn't displayed, just press one of the Alt keys on the keyboard to display it temporarily.

Murf
February 12th, 2016, 10:53 PM
YEP! Thanks Miz

Or if the menu bar is not showing you can right click a empty space on the bar and click Menu.

w1che
February 13th, 2016, 12:16 AM
Thanks guys. It didn't work so I will try the other way you gave..Whats strange is if I click on the IE icon on the desktop it opens full screen but if I click on any other icon it does't.. I don know if that means anything or not. Thanks for your time..

Murf
February 13th, 2016, 01:10 AM
Windows 10 has two versions of Internet Explorer; Standard IE 11 then it has "EDGE" which is the icon on the taskbar. So your clicking on the Icon in the taskbar and as it opens you should see Microsoft Edge in the upper left hand corner.

Grab the corners of the Edge window and drag it to the size you desire. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the size used of the last window closed the next time you open the program.

w1che
February 13th, 2016, 03:01 AM
Hmmm edge comes up full screen.. I have IE 11 set as my default if that makes any difference.. could it be that edge is still kicking in when I click on the ie icon and not when I click on the other icons? edge opens so fast I can't see any thing.. thanks murf for your help.. man I don't know if I will ever get the hang of win10. they made things 2 times harder then on the old systems..

Murf
February 13th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Edge and IE look almost identical when opened except IE back arrow, upper left has a circle around it, while Edge does not, Also by default Edge is pinned to the taskbar and does not have the gold circle around it like IE.

To make sure IE is your default:

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/how-set-your-default-browser-windows-10-just-5-steps

w1che
February 13th, 2016, 08:15 PM
IE is my default but I'm not sure I was in the right place because IE is the only one that showed up there.. I don't know enough to follow instructions very well... give me xp back.. Thanks again murf

Murf
February 14th, 2016, 06:53 AM
It should only show the browsers that you have installed on the computer. I personally do not like Edge, because it does not work for me on a couple of my on-line banking sites. So rather then try and find out why I just don't use it.

Is it now working OK? Opening in full screen?