PDA

View Full Version : Problems saving to a memory stick

JohntyJohn
July 21st, 2016, 10:13 PM
Greetings Everyone,

Just had Window 10 put in (by an expert) and I cannot save or do not know how to save from WORD into a memory stick. Can anybody help please?

Many thanks.

SpywareDr
July 22nd, 2016, 06:27 PM
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/how-to-save-a-document-to-a-flash-drive-cannot/a659c4fc-1602-482c-b3d3-fd90f34782a2?auth=1

JohntyJohn
July 25th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Greetings Everyone,

My scope of understanding computers is fairly limited - I just - basically - use them. Unless I read it wrong the date on the above link is 2012 which - again, unless I'm wrong - is before the now in use Windows 10. Okay the action may be the same but I and my daughter are at a loss as to what and where 'Windows Explorer' is.

A greater clearer explanation of how to save on to a Memory Stick would be most appreciated.

So far I'm regretting having my Laptop updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Many Thanks. JOHNTY

renegade600
July 25th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Greetings Everyone,

My scope of understanding computers is fairly limited - I just - basically - use them. Unless I read it wrong the date on the above link is 2012 which - again, unless I'm wrong - is before the now in use Windows 10. Okay the action may be the same but I and my daughter are at a loss as to what and where 'Windows Explorer' is.

A greater clearer explanation of how to save on to a Memory Stick would be most appreciated.

So far I'm regretting having my Laptop updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Many Thanks. JOHNTY

in this case the date make absolutely no difference. It provides valid info that applies to win10. windows explorer is the file manager and is also used for win10 and the name has been used since the first days of windows decades ago. the link also had pictures so there should have been no confusion and the explanation of never saving directly on the stick should have been clear.

SpywareDr
July 25th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Tip: Try pressing [Winkey]+[E] to load Windows File Explorer.

(The "[Winkey]" is the key with the Windows logo on it. Simply hold it down while pressing the [E] key, then release both keys).