PDA

View Full Version : Changing the colour of email 'page' background

JohntyJohn
August 31st, 2016, 04:00 PM
Greetings Everyone,

It was impossible for me to update my Laptop from Windows 7 to 10 - haven't got a clue. So I asked an expert ( we have used him before) to do it for me - before the end of July. After two weeks he phoned to tell me he was having trouble with it. Yes he had had difficult ones before but mine was the worst he had come across. Eventually it was done to the best that he could get it. All seems to be okay now. The present trouble is that I asked him to change the 'page' background in emails to a light blue. He changed it to dark blue with white ink. Yes I can change it to light blue with black ink but I have no idea how to change it permanently. Can anyone help with this please?
Many thanks. JOHNTY

IPR512
August 31st, 2016, 04:30 PM
You're going to have to be specific about what you are using for your e-mail program. Without knowing that there's no way anybody can help.

JohntyJohn
August 31st, 2016, 08:10 PM
GREETINGS,

LOL - Well, that goes to show how little I know about laptops. As far as I can see, and I think that this is what you need, Office OUTLOOK. Anyway, I suffer from dyslexia and need a Light Blue page ... (Not whole screen) ... 'page' background. The grey at the top, where FILE, HOME, SEND/RECEIVE, FOLDER etc are housed, is okay. Hope this helps.

MANY THANKS. ............ JOHNTY

IPR512
August 31st, 2016, 10:23 PM
Ok I'll take a stab at this. I use Outlook 2010, and this is how I would change the bottom section of the new e-mail page.
Click New E-mail. After that you should see File Message Insert Options Format Text at the top of the page.
Click Options then click on the body of the e-mail message where you would type the e-mail. When you do that you will get a blinking cursor.
After you get the blinking cursor look up at the top of the page again, and you should see Page Color under where it says Insert
After you click Page Color Themes will show, and you can pick whatever color you want the body of the message to be. If you want it to be dark blue click the dark blue.
Next you will have to change the font color to whatever color you prefer, and you do that by clicking Format Text. You will then see a large A. Click it, and you can change the color of the font.
I hope this is what you want to do, because you wore me out. :laugh:

IPR512
August 31st, 2016, 10:49 PM
JohntyJohn
After I went through all that I realized that there was no way to save that theme so that every time you start a new e-mail it would be the same. So forget all that and follow the link, and it will show you how to do what you want to do.
http://www.addictivetips.com/microsoft-office/change-default-email-font-settings-theme-in-outlook-2010/

JohntyJohn
September 2nd, 2016, 09:52 PM
Greetings Jill,

Many thanks for your help. I opened up the suggested advice link and found it dated 2010. As mentioned earlier I know little about the workings of laptops so the only question for me to ask is: will it still be relevant for WINDOWS 10?

JOHNTY

IPR512
September 2nd, 2016, 10:10 PM
Hi Johnty
As long as you are using Outlook for your e-mail I doubt that it would work any differently in Windows 10. Whether you use a laptop or a desktop computer it doesn't change how the Windows operating system works.

JohntyJohn
September 3rd, 2016, 09:06 PM
Greeting Jill,

Many thanks for all your help. I'll enlist the help of my daughter who also has dyslexia and perhaps the two of us will come to a conclusion that will help us both.

JOHNTY

IPR512
September 3rd, 2016, 09:50 PM
Johnty
Did you try to follow the instructions in that link?

JohntyJohn
September 3rd, 2016, 10:29 PM
Greetings Jill,

But when my daughter joins me again we'll both have a go, because she is as keen as myself to see the result.
Many Thanks.

JOHNTY

IPR512
September 3rd, 2016, 11:23 PM
You're welcome.