PDA

View Full Version : password problem

Stupid
June 2nd, 2001, 06:15 PM
The problem is when i go to http://dayofdefeatmod.com/ and then click on "game files" and then click a download, this popup appears that says "enter network password". When I put in my user name and password it does not accept it as being correct. However when I click on the forums there it tells me that I have to log in (no popup, the login is on the web page) I enter the user name and password it allows me to use the user name and password.. I believe it has to do with the network password popup that pops up. like my computer dont know how to submit it or something. Please help. :mad:

Steven.Bentley
June 2nd, 2001, 07:24 PM
Hi, welcome to CTH :)

The links all seem to be to different servers, many of them do not appear to be valid, coming up 404 Not Found.

It may be that the one you're looking at is in a password protected directory, that thing about the computer not knowing how makes me think that it's a 401 Unauthorised HTTP error.

401 is is the error you get when the password provided isn't correct, and the standard error page for that does normally mention that the browser may not know how to handle the logging in system, but if you have a recent browser it's the password or username that's wrong, not the browser. The password and username will be case sensitive, so check that too :)

Dodge
June 3rd, 2001, 05:45 AM
Hi, welcome to CTH....

Seems they have either Deleted the downloads or Moved them. I tried the Mirror site and it just comes up with Page cannot be found.

They could also be archiving these. It may take awhile to get them back up and going..

I really dont think it has anything to do with your PC.

Have you been having any problems with any other sites??

Stupid
June 3rd, 2001, 06:51 PM
hmmm, I dont have this 404 error problem?? the websit is able to be used by a friend after i attempted to do this download. I have windows ME, and a computer that is about two months old it is a good computer amd 1.2 90 gigs. 128. as to the question if i have had this problem on other websites, YES, everytime This popup for the password comes up "enter network password" I know that this is not going to accept it. I am 100% positive that i am entering the user name and password in correctly. I signed up and then copied and pasted. even tried manually entering it, also thought that there might be a character that was there so i hit del a few times before i entered the info.

Dodge
June 3rd, 2001, 11:13 PM
Just a thought here. Does your PC have a network card. Or is it setup for networking?

I think the Computer might be asking for you network password in order for you to download certain things. Not sure, but it is a possibility.....

I'm not real familiar with Win/ME. Take a look around in it and see if you can find anything to do with Networking installed.

Stupid
June 4th, 2001, 10:21 PM
I am stupid I dont know if there is anything networked or not. this is my personal PC.....?????