PDA

View Full Version : mouse flipped out on me

turbo24
November 30th, 2001, 05:55 AM
Okay so I boot up my computer and first of all it only did like a partial boot (the sceen had about 3 lines of writing on it,like "NVIDIA Ge Force2 MX" and my ram, you know, whatever it shows before it continues on to run the setup info) Anyways, it won't go any furthur so i hit reset. So now it boots up okay and i think its fine except that I go to move the mouse and with even just the slightest bit of movement the computer makes this clicking noise ( a fast click, like if you were to run a stick along the spokes of a spinning bicycle wheel. :-) )The noise is 100% related to motion of mouse and, not only did it click, but suddenly windows kept popping up like i had selected them and if i tried to close them my moving the mouse cause either it to change whatever was in the window or have more pop up. It was really weird! I gave up on it and hit reset again. This time when i booted up all was well.
What the heck could it have been?

lynnm
November 30th, 2001, 07:45 PM
It looks as if your mouse driver was not loading properly.

I would go into device manager and remove the mouse driver and then restart. That should cure the problem. Windows will reinstall the mouse on rebooting.

If the problem recurs after that the mouse itself probably should be replaced.

[ 30 November 2001: Message edited by: lynnm ]