PDA

View Full Version : Callwave

thelightman
February 3rd, 2002, 06:21 PM
Might be old news but I found a cheap alternative to a second phone line. I installed Callwave and now when I am online, my incoming calls get played right over my computer speakers. It costs about $4 per month (your milage may vary). Please let me know if there is any negative feedback about this program. www.callwave.com (http://www.callwave.com)

Dodge
February 4th, 2002, 01:16 AM
Its a pretty good program. I did have it at one time.

Just one caution though. Make sure you KEEP UP with you User name and Password and What email Addy you used to sign up with this account. I couldn't remember the Email that I used and they Will Not even get back to you on your Account information. So make sure you keep up with it....

Samiam
February 4th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Before I added a second phone line, I tried CallWave, but due to some extenuating circumstances with my dialup to my ISP, it was costing me fifty cents for each call I received, and I got rid of it. I strongly suggest anyone's trying it having a really good understanding with the way their phone company interacts with their dialup, since my first phone bill after installing CallWave was in the neighborhood of eighty bucks.

Dodge
February 7th, 2002, 02:28 AM
Samiam, doesn't your Phone company have a Fixed rate for the Fixed Call Fowarding service that you need for CallWave?

Samiam
February 8th, 2002, 02:43 AM
Nope, I'm in a strange situation here. Since I'm just across the state line from Memphis (which is where my dialup is) and we're on a local phone system, we pay an additional 10 bucks a month for unlimited access to Memphis. Also, at the time I tried CallWave, every 800 number called was 50 cents. I know, it sounds strange, but not as strange as I felt when I got my phone bill. I called them up and raised cain about it, and they took it AND call waiting off, and I got rid of CallWave. The reason it's that way is because BellSouth and Century Tel (my phone company) are having a p------ contest, and the customers are taking the hit for it.

bluedevil59
February 23rd, 2002, 12:56 AM
I had Callwave for about 6-8 months and it worked great (I had tried Pagoo which didn't work). It gave me no problems, and the support team was quick to answer emails. Also, when I switched to RoadRunner, they promptly refunded my money even though I still had more than 6 months to go on my contract. :)