PDA

View Full Version : Game Saves NOT found.

Gutsman
July 3rd, 2005, 04:22 PM
Hi all.

I REALLY need your help, guys. I don't know who else to turn to, since no one else will help me, and I have no clue which component in my comp is responsible for this and everything. This is extremely upsetting, as the main reason I bought a new rig is because of gaming. My game saves aren't found in any of my games. I played through a huge portion of Halo, and one day I went to load the file and it's not there. Just save files from very early into the game. Same goes with Doom 3. I got to the EnPro plant which is about a third of the way through the game. Now, today I go to load one of the three identical files (game1, game1 backup, game1 backup 2), they ALL boot me back to the beginning.

This is extremely upsetting and frustrating beyond belief. Please help me.

Thank you.

Miz
July 3rd, 2005, 07:07 PM
If you're running XP, have you looked in Documents and Settings>Your User Account>Application Data? A couple of games I've installed have put their saved games there. If not there, look in Application Data under All Users.

If all else fails, run Search on the name of the game. Both games of mine that have saved in the Application Data folder have created subfolders with the name of the game.

Gutsman
July 4th, 2005, 02:04 AM
I don't understand how that'd help locating the save games. I know where they are, but the computer doesn't seem to. The thing is, it's like it forgot where they are. They never moved, which is what's bothering me.

smurfy
July 4th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Hi Gutsman, welcome to CTH.
I think Miz's question was more a case of "can you actually find the files anywhere yourself?" in which case we need to figure out why the games can't. If you can't find the files, then we need to figure out what may have happened to them.

Since you say you CAN see the files, would you mind telling us where they are?

If they are in the "documents and settings" folder, are you using the EXACT same WINDOWS login?

Gutsman
July 4th, 2005, 03:46 PM
The Halo ones are in My Documents > My Games > Halo > which contains 'saved' and 'savedgames' and all the data required to load and save files. They never moved since installation. It's like the game remembers sometimes, and forgets. Which is impossible, unless there's a major glitch in EVERY game I've bought so far. I'm thinking it's something with the O/S or registry. Perhaps something with the file settings? None of them are 'Read-Only' either.