PDA

View Full Version : Help!

NTora
June 18th, 2002, 02:03 AM
I've run into a situation where I have to provide an HTML code for over 2,000 images...These codes will be identical except for the name of the image. Is there any easy way to do this? I already know how I'm going to be organizing these images, but the thought ot typing essentially the same code, but just changing the image name, is scaring me. Help!

lufbra
June 18th, 2002, 02:11 AM
Hi there Ntora, and welcome to CTH!!! :)

Some time ago I did something similar to your latest project, and I used the free program, I just forget how I did it!! :D

This program has a lot of great features, well worth taking a look at, and maybe trying it out, and best of all, as I said, it's free!!! :)

First Page 2000 (http://www.evrsoft.com/)

Dave.

Steven.Bentley
June 18th, 2002, 07:39 PM
There ought to be a way to automate this :)

Do you mean you have 2000 images which need to go into seperate pages or are we talking about one page with 2000 images? (hopefully not the second option, wouldn't like to wait for that to load :eek: )

Are the pictures all the same size?

NTora
June 19th, 2002, 12:54 AM
No, the pictures aren't all on one page. I would hate to have to wait for that to load, too! They're sorted into different pages by alphabetical order. They are all the same size.

MishY
June 19th, 2002, 09:25 AM
If you have access to Dreamweaver and Fireworks you can build a "photo album". All you do is specify the directory of your images and it will build a full index and pages to your specifications automagically.