PDA

View Full Version : Any One On Here Use A Laptop...

steveharrison84
September 21st, 2000, 11:23 PM
is any of our posters here using a laptop to surf the net,if so how do you find it ,and what speed do laptops connect at ,as they use pcima cards ,and another question ,is the ibm thinkpad 1021uk, a good choice for a laptop, i,m looking for good/bad points
steve.

[This message has been edited by steveharrison84 (edited 21 September 2000).]

ironside
September 21st, 2000, 11:44 PM
hi steve
my friend just got a compaq laptop and he uses it to connect to the web, it has a 56k modem in it but it still only connects at 33.6, so he was a little disapointed, but it does still surf, make sure the display is to your liking we hunted all over for one that had a display that he liked.
then bad point would be how long does the battery last,one with a top display wont last as long, so take that into your consideration

------------------
YOU FIX'EM I BREAK'EM

steveharrison84
September 21st, 2000, 11:53 PM
hi ironside
have not spoke to you for a while how you keeping ,hope the pain isnt to bad..
the thinkpad comes with hpa screen( high performance addressing display delivering smooth video graphics, reduces shadowing)
which sounds as though could be ok..
steve

ironside
September 22nd, 2000, 06:18 AM
hi steve
I been ok taking a lot of pills,but no pain pills though.
I think the big thing is battery then or are you going to be using it in dock mode all the time, i dont think they make a exstension cord long enough for your cab though,I heard some guys say they could get a good deal on cap5 cable LOL

------------------
YOU FIX'EM I BREAK'EM
THE PRIDE OF CYBER TECH HELP