View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2019, 05:59 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Sorry I wasn't clear. Curious that the BSOD's stopped, and if they have stopped, there truly is no way to check each stick of RAM (you just remove one stick, then run the computer and see if the blue screens still occur. They don't stop, you remove the next stick and check again, and so on). Actually if they have stopped, bad RAM drops down the list of possible culprits.

What I would like you to do is post log files a scan I provide will create there. Admittedly this scan is normally used in Malware situations, but also is pretty good in ID'ing issues on a system, including the slowness issue. If by chance malware does become evident then yes, I will be relocating this thread to the CTH Malware Removal forum. But for now, let's get a more detailed look.

However, at any time should the blue screens return then please again turn your attention to checking by removing sticks of RAM. Your system's specs say four sticks. Though slowness will occur as you remove each stick, remove the first one, check, no better leave the first one out, remove the second one, check again on down to the last stick. No improvement with it installed, swap it out for the first one and check again.

To keep them from interfering with the scan, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares while these steps are being completed.

Also when running any of the scan files we use, be sure to right click the file, then select "Run as administrator" to start the scan/tool.

-----------------------------------------

For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 32-Bit and save it to the desktop.
For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool 64-Bit and save it to the desktop.

Windows 10, so likely 64 bit.

Please run it and click Scan, post back with the 2 logfiles.

Use extra posts as needed needed.