Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Topic Tools
Old May 21st, 2015, 06:51 PM

Restore Points

Anyone advise how I might return my Fujitsu `Amilo Notebook Li3910` {O/S Win 7} to a restore point further back than the list given: to be more specific I wish to return to a restore point on the 30/4/2015 but the earliest date was16/5/2015?
Regards.

Old May 22nd, 2015, 04:51 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Unless you save it on another drive it is gone. As windows creates restore points it will eventually remove earlier ones, this depends on how much disk space is allocated for restore points.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 06:29 AM

Restore points can be really strict and unless you created one yourself beforehand, then Windows would probably use what it has.
Old May 22nd, 2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INOCsolutions View Post
Restore points can be really strict and unless you created one yourself beforehand, then Windows would probably use what it has.
Ummm, that's not how it works. Windows allows you to select from what is available, it will not just use what it has without the user selecting one.

And as Murf noted, this depends on how much disk space is allotted to System Restore and more importantly, how much free disk space is left. As free disk space is consumed, SR will delete older restore points and eventually disable SR completely.

To reiterate the point of your question, if you don't see one listed, you cannot select it.