Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Topic Tools
Old January 27th, 2017, 06:50 PM

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by lufbra View Post
I love your passion for US politics, John. I do hope you're just as passionate for NZ and other countries who have their own immigration problems, etc....
Hi Dave,
Not so much most of the countries with crappy leadership have no choice. The US however did. I find it puzzling to say the least. As for trump I simply do not like any facet of him and have absolutely no faith in him as leader of your great country. If he proves me and other doubters wrong that would be to use a trumpism great!

Old January 27th, 2017, 10:59 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Finally saw the inauguration today.
Old January 30th, 2017, 05:40 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
Hi Dave,
Not so much most of the countries with crappy leadership have no choice. The US however did. I find it puzzling to say the least. As for trump I simply do not like any facet of him and have absolutely no faith in him as leader of your great country. If he proves me and other doubters wrong that would be to use a trumpism great!
I couldn't help notice your not mentioning NZ, or do you include your country in with the "crappy leadership"? May I ask what policies are used in NZ, as far as illegal immigration is concerned? Do many of the "general" population there have the same views as you show for the ones over there, as you do for those over here in the US? Are there any methods of stopping them entering the country, and if so, what methods are used? Are any ever deported and if so, under what circumstances? If there are any in NZ, what kind of work do they do?
Old January 30th, 2017, 09:24 PM

Quote:
I couldn't help notice your not mentioning NZ, or do you include your country in with the "crappy leadership"?
In general I think NZ is and has been pretty well managed over its history although there have been a few notable exceptions..

Quote:
May I ask what policies are used in NZ, as far as illegal immigration is concerned?
Illegal and immigration are two separate issues as they are in the states Illegals are simply sent home
[QUOTE/] Do many of the "general" population there have the same views as you show for the ones over there, as you do for those over here in the US?[/QUOTE]
There are always opposing views but yes, I think so.

Quote:
Are there any methods of stopping them entering the country, and if so, what methods are used? Are any ever deported and if so, under what circumstances? If there are any in NZ, what kind of work do they do?
As well as the usual international ports of entry. The principal tool for preventing illegal entry is the Pacific ocean. We are a number of tiny islands in the south pacific. The people who attempt a sea crossing are usually treated as refugees and housed in in camps until they can be integrated into the communities.
Most people who become illegal are pacific islanders who get temporary visa to help with our primary industries then forget to go home.
Many years ago we had a Trumpish scene whereby police were raiding over stayers accommodation at dawn for a week but this was soon identified as barbaric and was ceased.
Hope you find this of some help Dave.... Have a great Day

PS We are quite a friendly welcoming bunch down here..

Last edited by Jaytee; January 30th, 2017 at 09:27 PM.
Old February 1st, 2017, 06:03 PM
CTH Subscriber

Thanks, it has helped a little, but it also gives me a couple more questions.

Are you happy to know that in NZ any illegal immigrant who is "caught" gets sent home, no matter how long she/he/they have lived "illegally" in the country? The issue/s that you have with "illegal" immigrants here in the USA, are they simply because you don't know who would be doing the kind of work that they do here, or is it that you just don't think they should be deported? What is your take on Obama deporting "illegal" immigrants?
Old February 1st, 2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Thanks, it has helped a little, but it also gives me a couple more questions.

Are you happy to know that in NZ any illegal immigrant who is "caught" gets sent home, no matter how long she/he/they have lived "illegally" in the country? The issue/s that you have with "illegal" immigrants here in the USA, are they simply because you don't know who would be doing the kind of work that they do here, or is it that you just don't think they should be deported? What is your take on Obama deporting "illegal" immigrants?
Essentially the NZ cases are quite different as they are people overstaying their work visas not sneaking over the border in the dead of night and living "under the radar" I do not agree with illegal immigrants As a matter of fact I almost became one myself due to a rubber stamping error and was kept away from all border crossings until the situation was resolved. However suddenly rounding up thousands of illegals and sending them "home" Some of the children may have been in US schools all their lives) is not the answer.
I echo that sentiment with the recent seven country ban that has affected so many people. Surely there is a calm rational way of dealing with this..
On the matter of the jobs they do (rather well in the main) most US citizens working or other wise simply refuse to do that kind of work.
So we scoop them all up send them back over the now secure border then import several thousand Asians to fill the gap. Maybe there is another answer..
Old February 1st, 2017, 10:01 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Quote:
However suddenly rounding up thousands of illegals and sending them "home" Some of the children may have been in US schools all their lives) is not the answer.
Yes, during the campaign, Trump said he would round them up and send them home. He has since said the focus will be on locating and deporting criminal illegal aliens; i.e., people who entered the country illegally who have been convicted of crimes. There are enough of those to keep the feds busy for years, if not decades.

Quote:
I echo that sentiment with the recent seven country ban that has affected so many people. Surely there is a calm rational way of dealing with this.
The 7-nation "ban" is actually a moratorium that will expire in 3 months. The seven countries on the list were not randomly selected. They have long been recognized by the international community as areas for training, equipping and sending out radical islamist terrorists. With the exception of Iran, none have functioning central governments. That means even IDing immigrants from those areas, much less getting background checks is virtually impossible. The Syrian ban is indefinite.The refugee ban expires in 120 days and reduces the intake target number from 110,000 to 50,000.

Quote:
On the matter of the jobs they do (rather well in the main) most US citizens working or other wise simply refuse to do that kind of work.
I know much of the media claims most US citizens won't do low paying jobs. I personally know that is not true. It is true many Americans won't do the jobs with sub-minimum wage with no benefits, no withholding for taxes or matching funds for Social Security and Medicare that illegals are forced to take because they cannot complain to the authorities. Those same authorities have refused to enforce the law and penalize those employers.

Quote:
So we scoop them all up send them back over the now secure border then import several thousand Asians to fill the gap. Maybe there is another answer.
I have not read or heard about any plan for wholesale importation of Asian labor.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 01:28 AM

@ Miz,
"I have not read or heard about any plan for wholesale importation of Asian labor."

That was a bit tongue in cheek I have no evidence either.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 05:53 PM
CTH Subscriber

Thanks John, for explaining how it's working in NZ.

I'm with Miz in regards to the media telling us that Americans don't want the jobs that illegal immigrants do. That's just what the media is good at doing.

Here's a proposal for the illegal immigrants living in the US : Give the adults "amnesty" under the condition that they apply for US citizenship within a certain period (12 months, 16 months, 3 years, whatever) time. This also applies to their children who are at a "determined" age, or older. Children under a certain age, who were brought over with their parents, or who were born in the US, are given amnesty with no conditions.

Sound good John?
Old February 2nd, 2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks John, for explaining how it's working in NZ.

I'm with Miz in regards to the media telling us that Americans don't want the jobs that illegal immigrants do. That's just what the media is good at doing.

Here's a proposal for the illegal immigrants living in the US : Give the adults "amnesty" under the condition that they apply for US citizenship within a certain period (12 months, 16 months, 3 years, whatever) time. This also applies to their children who are at a "determined" age, or older. Children under a certain age, who were brought over with their parents, or who were born in the US, are given amnesty with no conditions.

Sound good John?
Absolutely.
Old February 3rd, 2017, 02:58 PM

Worker in the Australian PM's office just got the sack for wearing one of these.

Old February 3rd, 2017, 08:25 PM

Send it to me please Neddie. I am retired.
Old February 4th, 2017, 03:50 AM

So the Don had a short "polite" conversation with Malcolm Trimbull/Trombill/Tramball Oh come on that weird Aussie prick that asks silly questions...
Old February 4th, 2017, 08:05 AM

Wow CNN Has some real accountability issues here..
Old February 9th, 2017, 04:45 AM

I found this on another site, I guess Mr Trump would call it false news, however I had already had the feeling during the Inauguration that the body language of the first lady was saying that she didn't want to be there. These psychologists have placed a deeper interpretation, and shown more examples than I saw during the Inauguration, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMV1HA2O3x8
The poor first lady. I feel sorry for her.