Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Topic Tools
Old July 30th, 2019, 02:12 AM

Thank you for taking a look

Just a few weeks ago I started using a brand new computer. I am new to Windows 10.

I have the specs necessary to play the game Battletech. I have looked at many forums, and many other players with much better computers report the same problems.

The game LAGS incredibly, freezes, crashes, loses sound.
As is typical these days, the Devolopers took the money and RAN: no support.

Aside from this, what worries me is that the brand new computer did not just freeze up on the game again. I could not close out of the game at all. Suddenly the screen went Black and the speakers began making a HORRIBLE loud Buzzing sound.

unfortunately, that sound is Very Familiar.

My old computer was crashing every single day, and many times would make this exact sound.

I was completely unable to recover my brand new computer, and had to manually turn it off to stop the horrific sound.

On rebooting, NO ERROR screen appeared as it always would on the old Win7 computer.

The machine is, Barely, still within the warranty period. Should I get rid of it? It is a Biostar model A96D=V3.
The specs on the site that took my money state that this computer WILL RUN THIS GAME.

But, it appears very much as if the Devs are either Thieves or Incompetent.

Old July 30th, 2019, 09:37 PM
Certifiable Bum

O/S: Linux
if it is still under warranty, it would be best to get with them. do you use a surge protector on the computer? are you able to get into safemode?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-in-safe-mode
Old July 31st, 2019, 11:01 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Obviously it is not the computer it is THE GAME. Why would the manufacture honor a warranty if it only crashes while trying to play one game.
Old July 31st, 2019, 11:27 PM
Certifiable Bum

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Obviously it is not the computer it is THE GAME. Why would the manufacture honor a warranty if it only crashes while trying to play one game.
How is it obvious? there is always that chance it is a computer issue. it needs to be checked out since the warranty is about to expire.
Old August 1st, 2019, 12:00 AM
Jill

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
If you have looked online at other forums, and people on those forums have been having problems running that game then it sounds to me like there are problems with the game.
Just, because the computer behaved the same as your old computer it doesn’t mean that it wasn’t the game that caused the problem.
Would you mind posting the links to those other forums where other people were having problems with that same game?
Old August 1st, 2019, 12:19 AM
Jill

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
I think in the future when asking for help on computer forums you should give the specs for your computer. Stating the make and model of your motherboard doesn't tell us how much RAM you have installed, the make and model of your video card, and whether or not you are using an SSD hard drive.