Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Topic Tools
Old October 19th, 2019, 12:02 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Windows wont let me in !!!

Hi All I was using a Toshiba Satellite L850-1VO laptop running Windows 10 and all was fine until i tried logging on the other day and was asked to enter my pin No. I did this and the following mssg appeared " We were unable to verify your credentials". I then tried logging in using a previous password i used before switching to a pin number. This time it worked and after a while the Desktop appeared but several of the icons had blank white covers and no matter what i tried i could not advance any further so was unable to get into the laptop. I have tried a few times since but all to no avail and also had this mssg " It would appear that your Windows 10 did'nt install properly" Now this i dont understand because i've been using laptop with no problem since installing the new Win 10 some time back.Please could anyone advise me as to what the problem may be. Luckily i kept my old lappy so was able to contact you.
Best Wishes

Old October 19th, 2019, 10:23 PM

Try signing in with Password again if you can get to the desktop then do this"

Sign in with your account password instead of a PIN.
Now open the Settings app and go to the Privacy
From the left pane, select Account Info. In the Choose which apps can access your account info section enable Email and accounts and Microsoft Content.

Also

Disable Windows Hello
Open the Settings app and navigate to the Accounts
Locate Windows Hello section and disable Windows Hello.

Restart your PC.
Set up your PIN once again.
Check if the issue is still there.

If you still get the error try this:

Wait for the error message to appear on your screen.
Now click the Cancel button.
After doing that, you should be able to log in to Windows 10.

NO HELP then try:
Once you reach the login screen, click the Power button, press and hold the Shift key and choose Restart from the menu.Now select Troubleshoot > Advanced options.Select the Startup Settings. If this option isn’t available, select See more recovery options.Now click the RestartOnce the PC restarts, select any version of Safe Mode by pressing the corresponding keyboard key.If you can log in in Safe Mode, you might want to remove your PIN for an affected account for the time being.

Do you have a USB recovery stick that you by chance made???
Old October 20th, 2019, 02:54 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply Murf however i must point out the following -- Turn on laptop--toshiba logo appears then after quite a while the log-in box --- enter password--then long delay and desk-top screen appears with most of the icons blanked out and at this stage you are unable to do anymore no matter what you click on it has no effect. Also if you move the cursor into the taskbar area it turns into an hourglass and still no effect. At this point this mssg appears " YOUR PC RAN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO RESTART--WE ARE JUST COLLECTING SOME ERROR INFO AND WILL RESTART". It restarts then goes through the same cycle as before. Underneath this mssg in small print it says "if you contact a support person give them this info--- stop mode- kmode exception not handled" You talk about a CANCEL button but i dont see one. Is this the ESC button on my keyboard, if so i have tried pressing this but nothing happens. Sorry to be a pain but im an OAP and not very savvy on pcs.
Old October 20th, 2019, 09:04 PM

1. Power down
2. Hold down the "SHIFT" key and Power up
If you get a menu select Troubleshoot>Advance options>Start Up Settings>Restart

After Windows 10 restarts one more time, you can choose which boot options you want to be enabled. To get into Safe Mode, you have three different options:

Standard Safe Mode - press the 4 or the F4 key on your keyboard to start it Safe Mode with Networking - press 5 or F5
Safe Mode with Command Prompt - press either 6 or F6

See if it will get into SAFE MODE NO....

If Windows 10 fails to boot normally THREE TIMES over, the fourth time it will enter by default in a Automatic Repair.

To trigger the Automatic Repair mode, you must interrupt the normal boot process three consecutive times: use the Reset or the Power button on your Windows 10 PC to stop it during boot, before it finishes loading Windows 10. If you use the Power button, you might have to keep it pressed for at least 4 seconds to force the power off. When Windows 10 enters the Automatic Repair mode, the first thing you see is a screen that tells you that the operating system is "Preparing Automatic Repair."
Old October 22nd, 2019, 09:40 AM

Hi MURF. Messing about i somehow managed to get to this "TO SKIP DISK CHECK PRESS ANY BUTTON IN 5 SECONDS" but i let it run and got "FIXING [C:] STAGE 1+2+3" then " SCANNING AND REPAIRING DISK C" > " PREPARING AUTOMATIC REPAIR > DIOGNOSING YOUR PC > RESTART > ADVANCE OPTIONS. After this it went back to the faulty start-up again so i got back to the above screen and this time i selected RESET and it ran for approx 30mins before this "THERE WAS A PROBLEM RESETTING YOUR PC" . I,m sorry to say after this i'd had enough and pulled the plug. Forgive my ignorance MURF but if i replaced the Hard-Drive would that eliminate the problem ?
Old October 22nd, 2019, 08:06 PM

Yes replacing drive will fix it, but you will need to reinstall everything again. I am working on a Toshiba right now. almost same problem It is the Hard Drive it is corrupt.

Before replacing the Hard Drive, if you have access to a computer with Windows 10 on it, then get a 16GB USB stick and make a recovery drive, then try booting with this USB and let it try and fix.

To make a recovery drive on a Windows 10 computer, type in Recovery in Search, then click on the APP, check the box backup system files, put in the blank USB stick, once found click on it (make sure you select the right drive, as it will be formatted) to tell Windows to make it the recovery drive. While take awhile.

Once down, it tells you, then put it in the sick computer and try and boot.

I just found a 500gb Toshiba Hard Drive for this laptop for $22 brand new on ebay.
Old October 26th, 2019, 03:15 PM

Hi Murf just to update you on the faulty Toshiba laptop. I decided to remove the HDD and sell the laptop. This is now done but before i go i would like to thank you for your invaluable help.
Good luck and Kind Regards
caissurfer