Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Gaming

Notices

Topic Tools
Old October 19th, 2004, 04:23 AM

hi, my name is evelyn and i have the same problem that she has. i did everything you told her to do already and the aida shows that i have an intel i752 video adapter, i know it probably is not what i need, since i need a graphics adapter. i have windows cs ( i bought off of ebay) and it already has a few bugs i've spent so much money on this computer already, what could i buy that won't be expensive at all that will still let me use THE SIMS2!!!

Old October 19th, 2004, 04:27 AM

oh, and i also have a intel 810 chip, an intel 810 video accelerator adapter string.. if that makes any difference
Old October 19th, 2004, 09:56 AM

Hi, I received your email and I have downloaded Aida, here's what I found under the link you gave me previously: http://sailing-away.org/display.gif
Old October 20th, 2004, 02:29 AM

HEY! I have been reading what you guys were saying.

Hi! I have the exact same problem and it is driving me nuts! I have followed your instructions and here is what I have... VIDEO ADAPTER Intel i752. (it's the same as this other girls lol) Anyways, I really need help! PLEASE RESPOND SOON! I want to play the Sims 2... Send me the e-mail if you want, thx! Luff ya. Lol
Old October 20th, 2004, 02:45 AM

Unhappy

Come on... someone please post? I really want to play this lol ^_^ Btw, my VIDEO ADAPTER Intel i752
Old October 20th, 2004, 02:46 AM

This font better? Hmm... *waiting lol*
Old October 20th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Linux
Hi again ladies. Unfortunately I have bad news for you all.

The Sims 2 has pretty steep requirements for Graphics processing power.
You are all running computers with very limited on-board graphics which use shared RAM and not one of them meet the minimum requirements set by EA.

Evelyn & confuzedchick - The intel i810 (i752 chip) motherboard you have is capable of running some 3D games at low resolutions (I have one and I have successfully run Colin McRae2.0 on it with a Celeron 500Mhz CPU). Anything that came out at least 2 years ago may run on it. The Sims 2 won't have a chance. Even worse, chances are your motherboard will not even have an AGP slot to allow you to buy a new card and upgrade your PC's graphics power. You will be limited to PCI graphics cards which are conisderably more expensive, harder to find and less powerful.

Tosha and Vicky - you have S3 chipsets which are also not supported.
Vicky, You may be in luck and you may have an AGP slot. What does AIDA32 report about your motherboard make & model?

(I reitterate my earlier comment : "and we thought it was Doom3 that was going to make everyone upgrade!").
If it's any consolation to you all, I have 5 working PCs in my house, none of them will be capable of running the Sims2 (even if I wanted to ) without an upgrade of CPU, Motherboard, Graphics card or all of them.
Old October 22nd, 2004, 11:18 PM

Thank you for the reply

Yeah that's a bit of bad news...at least there may be some hope for me. I'm so mad with the shop I bougth the computer from, they said it had the latest in motherboard, graphics etc. grr, me= mug lol!

Here's a cap of what it says under the motherboard bit: http://brave-new-girl.org/motherboard.jpg

*prays there's something I can do* I'm soooo craving The Sims!
Old October 26th, 2004, 11:19 AM

Has anyone had chance to look at this yet? xx
Old October 26th, 2004, 06:16 PM

The latest info you posted didn't have any AGP specific info in it, however, it looks like your AGP slot (assuming that you have one, which is most likely), should handle any of the latest video cards. I'd check to see if The Sims 2 has any recommendations. If not, you should be OK with one of ATI's video cards.
Old October 26th, 2004, 08:49 PM

Okay, thanks very much I'll take a look at that. Thanks for your help xx