Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Topic Tools
Old December 28th, 2018, 05:40 AM

Toggling which monitor is the primary one.

Because occasionally I want to be able to use in the secondary monitor, Screen Marker which only works in the Primary monitor of a two monitor system, I want to be able to quickly and easily toggle which of my monitors is the primary. I can manually do the steps through DISPLAY, which gives the result I want. I feel sure that a macro can be devised that can be applied by the click of a mouse through a batch file to achieve this - even if that macro requires a third party program like Autohotkey or Macro Express (both of which I have and use). I know from experience that it would take an immense amount of effort on my part to succeed, so I wonder if a programmer, for whom this would be a minor task, would do the hard work for me ? My system is the 32bit version of Windows 10 Pro v1809.

Old December 28th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
The Windows key + P combination should display four options which may work for you.
Old December 29th, 2018, 05:44 PM

You might want to check out UltraMon not free, but worth it IMO. Among its many features, you can easily change Primary monitors via its System Tray icon right-click menu. It has a free trial version so you can check it out first. But it is good to know if you decide to purchase it, it is a one-time cost of $40 for a lifetime (your lifetime) license. That is, should you upgrade to a new computer, you can legally transfer the license to it over and over again. If for personal (non-commerical) use, 1 license is good for all the computers in your home. This makes that $40 much less painful.

See also the free DisplayFusion. While, nice too, the pro (paid) versions are better.