Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Topic Tools
Old February 10th, 2018, 04:45 PM

Gateway FX Laptop Screen Replacement

Gateway FX Laptop Screen Replacement

I have a Gateway FX P-7805u ( with the 1400 X 1200 resolution screen ) that has some issues with the case being cracked and the fans are going out. I recently bought another FX P-7805u (with the 1400 x 900 resolution screen).

They both have the same identical video card installed.

Is it possible to swap the higher resolution screen onto the other laptop? If so, what all would need to be swapped? CPU, etc…

Old February 10th, 2018, 11:24 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
That laptop came with a WXGA+ screen with a max resolution of 1440x900 although the 1400 x 900 may physically fit, I am sure it will and work I believe it could impact LCD resolution burns LCD cable and inverter. Over time the quality of the picture will degrade.

I see you have posted this in several forums would be interested in the final answer.
Old February 10th, 2018, 11:32 PM

I am actually wanting to put the 1400 x 1200 screen on the laptop that originally came with the 1400 x 900 screen. I checked all the parameters of the two video cards and they are completely identical. If I connect either laptop to an external monitor, they still provide only the resolution of the internal screen, so I am puzzled as to what actually determines the available resolution of the screen.
Old February 11th, 2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I see you have posted this in several forums would be interested in the final answer.
Yeah, Imathies (or Imaties), it is proper forum etiquette to stick with one site instead of shotgun or cross posting at multiple sites. So be sure to go back to every one of the sites you posted your questions when you finally accept the answer. It is considered poor forum etiquette to leave your threads dangling without showing the final resolution.

I see here at least you are asking a slight different question, this time about an external monitor instead of replacing the notebook's own monitor. But the answer is the same. The card will support the external monitor too (as I said at MG). But note this is not an automatic. If you switch to a different monitor, you will have to go into the card's properties and change the resolution - an easy task.

MajorGeeks

TSF

Seven Forums