Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Topic Tools
Old July 30th, 2019, 01:01 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Warning - "Just Answers"

A friend bought a new computer a while ago with Windows 10 installed, she also bought MS Office, which had to be downloaded and installed. She was having a problem getting her email account to work on this so called Microsoft. They transferred her to their support people who turned out to be a company called "Just Answers". Microsoft said there would be a charge of $5 which would be refunded.

The support people at Just Answers were useless and she contacted me for some assistance to get her email working.

She has just noticed a $66 charge on her credit card paid to Just Answers. On checking she found a $66 charge last month also.

She contacted Just Answers and received the following reply,
I'm so sorry for the confusion! The $5 was for your first question plus your 7‐day trial. Since the end of your trial on 06/13/2019, the price has been $66 per month. With your membership you have a doctor on call, a lawyer on retainer, and tech support around the clock.

So here is a heads up on this organisation.- AVOID doing any business with JUST ANSWERS.

Last edited by Ned Seagoon; July 30th, 2019 at 01:06 PM.

Old July 30th, 2019, 09:13 PM
Certifiable Bum

O/S: Linux
sounds like she was not talking to microsoft to begin with. where did she get the phone number? an online search?
Old July 31st, 2019, 02:00 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Many folks I have dealt with have experienced the same thing, with calling MS, Norton and likely a few other legit companies. If the person asks them something they normally don't help with, they switch them over to their "support" staff, which is actually a third party outsourced business and most often a scam company as well. Ask MS for activation help, you get help from MS. Ask them to help with Windows being slow, or help with email et al, you get switched to the scam company. Same with Norton. Problems with things related to Norton, you get Norton help. Your computer is slow? You get switched. Why legit companies think it's okay to foist someone off on scammers I have no idea.