Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Topic Tools
Old March 3rd, 2019, 06:59 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Windows 10 forces Pin

My new Windows 10 forced me to use a pin on setting up. Tried to get rid of it by unticking box but still wont let me in without one......I dont want to log onto my laptop......how to fix?

Old March 4th, 2019, 04:21 PM

Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options. Then under PIN, click remove.
Old March 5th, 2019, 01:36 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Did as you said.....rebooted and then it forced me to sign in with email address......so did this then it started forcing me back into doing a pin......did that to get on but then went into account sign in options and its talking about Microsoft account passwords?....I dont want a password on my pc but dont want to change my Microsoft password.....getting confused......
Old March 5th, 2019, 04:47 PM

From that Settings > Accounts page, click on "Your info". You should see an option to change to a local account. Try that.

BTW, you should still use a password on your PC. While a long strong password is obviously more secure, even a simple 1 or 2 character PW is usually enough to thwart a nosy visitor to your house and will even stop many bad guys who might break into your home and steal your computer. Of course a determined and knowledgeable hacker/thief can still get in with some effort, but most house burglars are just lazy opportunists looking for something to quickly unload for some quick drug money.

So if they cannot get right in to your valuable data, they will quickly give up and just pawn the hardware.