Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Topic Tools
Old July 5th, 2018, 01:27 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Restoring Right Hand Scroll Bar

OK, I am dumb, dumb, dumb, but, somebody stole the right hand scroll bar that once appeared on the Opera Website and allowed me to scroll vertically. I have literally spent a few hours trying to find out what its common name is and how to restore it. Yes, I am stupid. How did someone steal it, how do I restore it and what is its common name? This PC is W 10.

Last edited by Jim Smith; July 5th, 2018 at 01:35 AM.

Old July 5th, 2018, 08:18 AM
Jill

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
From this page: https://help.opera.com/en/presto/bro...havior/#scroll

Scrolling
Scroll bar

The scroll bar is used to view long webpages and allows you to move up and down the page. This is normally placed on the right side of the screen, indicating the length of the current document and your current position within it. If you encounter a webpage wider than your screen, you will see a scroll bar along the bottom of the window to allow you to move across the page.

Scroll a document by clicking on the arrows at either end of the scroll bar, or by dragging the indicator with your mouse.
Turn scroll bars on or off

If you prefer not to see the scroll bars, you can uncheck this option. Go to Preferences > Advanced > Browsing and select or deselect “Show scroll bars”.
Old July 5th, 2018, 09:38 AM

I tried and failed to make it clear that I am dumb, dumb, dumb and stupid, stupid, stupid. I have no idea whatsoever on getting to Preferences>Advanced or Opera/Settings.
Old July 5th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Jill

C'mon now Jim you can't be that dumb, or stupid, because you're smart enough to ask for help.
So see if this helps.

Preferences

Opera’s preference dialog holds a great number of useful settings to change the browser behavior to suit you.

Access the preferences by going to Opera/Settings > Preferences or by pressing ⌘+, or Ctrl + F12.
Old July 5th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Jill

I don't use Opera, but just found out that you have to either right click or left click on the Opera logo in top left hand corner of your screen after you open Opera to get to Settings etc.
Old July 5th, 2018, 11:45 PM

Sorry Jill, Went from 80 to 85 yo and have gone through serious mind changes. Hard to count he number of times I've entered a room and had NO IDEA why. Woe is me. I NEVER found the ability under W10 and W7 to change the Scroll Bar settings of Opera on either of 2 computers. I did re download and install Opera on the W10 machine and the Right Hand Scroll Bar is back!!!!!!!!
Old July 6th, 2018, 12:31 AM
Jill

Don’t worry about it Jim you’re still breathing, and that’s the main thing. Glad you got the scroll bar back on the Win 10 machine, 1 out of 2 isn’t bad. Hang in there.