Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old November 5th, 2008, 09:40 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Welcome to CTH

Is the drive a SATA? Probably not , a IDE.. Are you booting from the XP CD when trying to install? When you formatted it in the other computer did you format it NTFS???

Old November 5th, 2008, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Welcome to CTH

Is the drive a SATA? Probably not , a IDE.. Are you booting from the XP CD when trying to install? When you formatted it in the other computer did you format it NTFS???
Hi Murf,

It is SATA. Yes, I am trying to boot off the XP CD. When I formatted it in the other PC it was in NTFS format. I tried nlite with no luck. Maybe I will try to load Vista 64 back on it and try to do a dual boot with XP and just delete the vista part in the boot.ini

Thanks for your reply
Old November 6th, 2008, 02:43 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Are you loading the SATA drivers? You will need to for Windows to Load.
Old November 6th, 2008, 11:51 PM

I tried using nlite without any luck...maybe i'm just using it incorrectly. I was told to rip a copy of XP onto my HD then use nlite to insert the SATA driver into the drivers and then burn it to disc. Is there a correct way to rip XP to the HD? I feel like when i do and make a copy I get this...missing ntldr? Also which driver is needed? x64 or x86? I tried both neither worked. I think it's because I am missing something from XP when i rip it. What program should i use to get the entire XP cd on my HD? and what driver?

Thanks!
Old November 8th, 2008, 07:53 AM

I have an XPS 720 and I am getting the same error, however I don't see any SATA operation that I can change in the BIOS. I have been through it mutliple times. Anyone have any ideas?
Old November 22nd, 2008, 07:34 PM

Hey, I have an HP Pavilion m7667c, Same exact error code.

However, when I go into BIOS, my drivers are already set to RAID; not ACHC, or IDE. But I still get the code.

Thanks in advanced, great forum.
Old December 6th, 2008, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan57 View Post
Hi all!

I've recently built myself a new computer and am now experiencing a strange error whenever I attempt to install Windows XP.
After booting the CD a blue screen appears with the error message:
***STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)

My computer is made up of the following new components:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition SP2 OEM Single

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300, Socket 775, 1.80 GHz, 800MHz FSB, Allendale Core, 2MB Cache, Retail

256MB Sapphire Radeon X1950Pro, PCI-E(x16), Mem 1400MHz GDDR3, GPU 580MHz, 36Pipes, Dual DVI, TV-Out

Asus P5LD2VM-DH/C, i945G, S775, PCI-E (x16), DDR2 533/667, SATA II, SATA RAID, uATX, On Board VGA

2Gb (2X1Gb) Corsair Value Select, DDR2 PC4300 (533), 240 Pin, Non-ECC Unbuffered, CAS 4-4-4-12

500W NORTHQ Low Noise 12-17db 120MM FAN, 2 x PCI EXP, ATX 2.0, 4x S-ATA Active PFC, 20/24pin BULK

and the following old components:
Maxtor 6Y060L0 61.4GB(quick formated)

MSI CD-RW + DVD-ROM No.X48

I have tried using a differnet hard drive, a different CD-ROM drive other software, but it still won't work!

Since I don't now to much about PCs I'm at the end of my knowledge at the moment. Please help me!

Thanks in advance!
~D~
Just for the reference of anybody in the future with this problem with similar new components:

I did the same thing, all new components except for HD's and CD drives, but my mobo only had one IDE connector with 2x IDE HD's and 2x IDE CD drives, so I tried:

+ using adapters to plug into SATA -> this didn't work, the adapters were garbage -> got the error this guy gets

+returned adapters and bought a PCI-E card with IDE plug (designed to use the PCI-E slot to give you another IDE port) -> this didn't work because I couldn't boot up to install Windows, let alone the drivers for the card. -> couldn't read any cd when the cdroms were hooked to it and when the HD's were hooked to it it couldn't find any HD's

+hooking up one cdrom and one HD on the same ribbon to plug into the only real IDE port. -> this worked, got Windows to install and c/p'd the PCI-E card drivers.

+hooked up the PCI-E card to the second CD drive so it could recognize it and d/l the drivers -> drivers installed fine, showed up in Dev Manager. Wouldn't find or show the Cd drive plugged into the card. (It shows up in BIOS but not in Dev Manager or anything)

+returned PCI-E adapter and bought SATA dvd drive -> this worked but now I have two working DVD R/W drives that I can't use :/
Old January 1st, 2009, 08:32 PM

Hi, i have the same problem with my HP G50-112NR.(its a laptop so i cant really take out the stuff and try it on another machine though vista dose rune fine on it.)
It came preinstalled with Vista, and when i run my XP install disk to install XP and delete vista i get the BSOD.
I tried wiping Vista from the hard drive and having nothing on it but that didnt help.

Any Suggestions
thanks
Old January 5th, 2009, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguaholic View Post
Hi Murf,

It is SATA. Yes, I am trying to boot off the XP CD. When I formatted it in the other PC it was in NTFS format. I tried nlite with no luck. Maybe I will try to load Vista 64 back on it and try to do a dual boot with XP and just delete the vista part in the boot.ini

Thanks for your reply

I have the same problem on my HP dv7-1130us notebook. Did you find a solution?
Old January 6th, 2009, 07:54 PM

I Too have had this problem and for some brands of pc's like
for the HP? You will probably need to get the SATA device drivers which will need to be loaded from a floppy disk. During the XP install screen press F6 when you see it ask at the bottom bar.
This allows you to load the needed Sata Drivers.
These drivers can be acquired from the manufacturers website. And normally have the file TXTSETUP.OEM along with several others but will always fit on a floppy.

PS. and thanks again for the swap in the SATA Operation Info. That helped me as well on a Dell Optiplex 330.

Last edited by ke4zzy; January 6th, 2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:36 AM

Help!!! I have a Dell Studio 17 with VISTA 32 bit preinstalled, and I can't find the drives-->SATA Operation option in my setup... The only thing that came close is under Advance, something like SATA mode... only option i have is AHCI (current mode) and IDE... can't find anything called ATA or RAID...

I'm trying to setup dual boot so I can boot my computer with XP when I need to login to my work computer..

Any other suggestions? Thanks!!!!!!
Old January 27th, 2009, 04:12 AM

Thx thegladi8tor

I just joined the site to thank thegladi8tor. I had a brand new Dell e6400 and out of the box i was unable to load xp onto it. All the other muppets could tell me was that I most likely had a boot sector virus. meh. Full Respect thegladi8tor.
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:15 PM

Smile stop 0x0000007B

Thank's
I find your topic and solve my problem on HP 6535S with your solution

regards

Roland
Old February 15th, 2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegladi8tor View Post
I had the same problem with a Dell Optiplex 330. I received the
STOP 0x0000007B(0xF78DA63C,0x0000034,0X x0000000,0x0000000 error message if I booted with Windows XP. I resolved the issue by the following actions

1. On start up (Dell logo), press F2 to enter BIOS

2. Expand the "Drives" section

3. Go to "SATA Operation"

4. Change this from "RAID Auto/AHCI" to "RAID Auto/ATA"
I just had to register to literally scream this..

You are a F***** lifesaver!!! This little gold item of a trick just made my grey hair in my neck turn colored again!!
I was almost ready to just smash my laptop lol!! .. Acer Aspire 6935G
Old February 25th, 2009, 06:56 PM

Exclamation

I would like to thank thegladi8tor; I tweaked his soloution and managed to fix the problem on my HP Pavilion.

This is what I did:
  1. I opened the BIOS/Setup.
  2. I went into the advanced tab.
  3. I changed "SATA1 Configuaration" from RAID to IDE.

I hope that helps anyone else.
Closed Topic