Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Topic Tools
Old February 16th, 2019, 12:31 AM

Stay away from Dropbox/Google

I was interested in Dropbox; as a condition of getting any answers to any questions, I was asked to access it by opening my Google account.

When I did that, I was met with a screen that said as a condition of proceeding, I would be giving DropBox full access to everything in my email, including my address book.

God only knows what they will do with that. No wonder it is a "free service" -- you surrender every bit of info you have to them, in exchange for what? A tb of data storage that they are also reading and doing God knows what with?

Dropbox and the social media provide service to the public the way butchers provide a service to cattle.

Be warned. It is Big Brother and there is no escape.

Old February 16th, 2019, 10:38 PM
Certifiable Bum

O/S: Linux
they need the contact list to make it easier to share files and photos with family and friends. it also helps with auto complete. remember, dropbox is google and they already have all that info. they just asking permission for one of their services to access it.

have you looked at the different apps on your smartphone lately to see the permissions they ask for? those are the ones you got to watch out for since permissions can change in later updates without you knowing.
Old March 7th, 2019, 04:02 PM

As renegade600 said above that dropbox is google application and its asking for permission to access. They already have all of your info