Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Topic Tools
Old August 7th, 2018, 08:18 AM

google problem

My PC works still on WinXP professional, with Google as the main browser. Firefox is also installed on the computer. I manage an open and free site consisting of a HTTP home page and a large data base of pdf documents.
The site is fairly popular in our country and in order to check the traffic I connect from time to time to the control panel of the hosting company (Netfirms) and there I find a link opening a AWstats report.
This went quite well in the last years, but in the last months clicking on the link I receive a message:
“This site can’t provide a secure connection
sefer-li.netfirms.com uses an unsupported protocol.”
I contacted Netfirms support, but they couldn’t find any bug in the process. So I tried to call Netfirms control panel from Firefox, and the link opened the traffic report immediately.
So it’s probably some Google problem. Can you help?

Old August 7th, 2018, 07:18 PM
Certifiable Bum

O/S: Linux
when you say google, do you mean chrome? the thing is, google chrome quit supporting xp a few years ago. not all features will work properly. firefox only recently quit supporting xp so a lot of features would still work.

If the page that appears has something about click for more info, you should be able to click on it and there could be a link to allow the page. If it don't maybe post a screen shot of the screen.
Old August 8th, 2018, 04:44 AM

google problem

yes, there is a note which I didn"t see. It says

"The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite. This is likely to be caused when the server needs RC4, which is no longer considered secure."

this is over my computerese understanding. so please explain. and may be some solution to this?
Old August 8th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Certifiable Bum

O/S: Linux
the only real solution is to use another browser if you are having security issues with certain sites