Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Topic Tools
Old August 26th, 2018, 04:04 AM

Hi People...can you help please?

Hi everyone, a few weeks ago I posted in here and cannot find my post so thought I would post it again.

I have a Sharp Aqos 50" Television which has internet connection. This has always worked just fine but a few weeks ago, I tried to access iPlayer on my TV and it won't connect! It tells me that there is no connection and to check my connection and settings, but when I go into settings, it tells me that I am connected. I have contacted Sharp support and they tell me they are not the direct manufacturer of this model and they are trying to find information from them for me.

In the meantime, can anyone take a shot in the dark as to what may have happened, please?
I have got screenshots of the messages I get but can't work out how to upload them...how do I find a url of a picture?

Old August 26th, 2018, 07:41 AM
Certifiable Bum

O/S: Linux
a couple of things to try, reset the tv connection settings to factory then set it up again.
try a power cycle on the modem and router, unplug the power for a 10 count then plug modem in first and let it cycle completely on then do the same with the router.
Old August 27th, 2018, 07:46 AM

Thank you, will try that later today
Old August 27th, 2018, 05:59 PM

Hi
I set about attempting to do this but am a little confused as my modem and router are one in the same. It's an EE Brightbox. I also cannot find anything on my TV to go back to factory settings :/
If you have time, please could you outline the steps I need to take to do this please?
I am in the UK if that helps

Many thanks
Old August 27th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Certifiable Bum

if router and modem is the same device then just do a power cycle with it. as far as your tv, I am not that familiar with so I really cannot help with that. is the network connected via wifi or wire?
Old August 28th, 2018, 11:45 PM

Its wiFi
Old September 3rd, 2018, 03:00 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
I am having the same problem with my TV WiFi connection.

The next logical step is to move the router to try and get a better signal to the TV, this move may only involve turning the position of the router by rotating it by, say 90 degrees. Next, if possible move it closer to the TV.

Finally, if that fails, try using a wired connection between the router and the TV.

Now I think I'll try my own advice and see what happens.
Old September 9th, 2018, 07:08 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
For what it's worth, rotating my broadband router which includes an internal aerial, through 90 degrees, fixed the WiFi problem I was having connecting to my smart TV.
Old September 18th, 2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightvelvet View Post
Hi everyone, a few weeks ago I posted in here and cannot find my post so thought I would post it again.

I have a Sharp Aqos 50" Television which has internet connection. This has always worked just fine but a few weeks ago, I tried to access iPlayer on my TV and it won't connect! It tells me that there is no connection and to check my connection and settings, but when I go into settings, it tells me that I am connected. I have contacted Sharp support and they tell me they are not the direct manufacturer of this model and they are trying to find information from them for me.

In the meantime, can anyone take a shot in the dark as to what may have happened, please?
I have got screenshots of the messages I get but can't work out how to upload them...how do I find an url of a picture?
Have you checked wifi connection?