Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old June 20th, 2019, 05:54 AM

Hello Everyone

I am new for this forum.Can anyone tell when should I start to submit my thoughts and post my views.

Old June 20th, 2019, 12:35 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Hi Michel

Welcome to Cyber Tech Help, the whole forum is really here to provide assistance to those who need help with their computer or related device, be that with hardware or software. This particular part is for those of us who do that who need to let our hair down a little. As there are not many requesting help these days, there are not many involved in helping.

Thoughts and views are probably best posted on one of the social media platforms (where there are plenty of others to respond) rather than here, although we all appreciate some witty thoughts now and again, but go overboard and you'll probably incur the wrath of a moderator.
Old July 2nd, 2019, 09:18 AM

Welcome ashore
Old August 13th, 2019, 02:16 PM

Hi there. I am new here too
Old September 27th, 2019, 09:34 AM

Hello,
I am new member in this forum hope we have great discussion ahead
Old September 30th, 2019, 06:00 AM

Welcome to CTH ishadatta
Old October 4th, 2019, 05:26 PM

Unwanted

Notwithstanding Amazon, globalization, etc, it is getting harder and more expensive to be a consumer. This extends from computing to regular purchases.

We are all familiar with feature shock -- the useless adds tacked onto computers and software that don't do anything for a normal person except add to the price.

But try to buy a car or a major appliance today. It is going to be filled with pointless electronics that are prone to breaking down, and you've got no choice but to take it up the posterior.

I wanted a stripped down car because we repeatedly had problems with electronics in our old cars -- failed sensors, windows that would not move, the failure of the whole friggin harness -- but it was almost impossible. I lucked into the last year that a Camry or any Toyota isn't loaded down with a $4,000 entertainment/GPS center that is bound to fail and that we won't use because my phone is fine for GPS and downloaded music and podcasts and my wife only listens to AM for the traffic reports. I don't need a surround sound that will drown out sirens before it fails entirely in a year or two, if it has not already been rendered obsolete by then.

I would have preferred one with no entertainment at all, but instead we are still stuck with a $1000 setup including bluetooth that is extremely complicated to hook up, doesn't sound that good, is terrible with phone calls, and doesn't always work, and which I bet is probably insecure and sending back our location and voice samples like our Alexa does to bad guys because there is no way to get anything that does not have that stuff.

I would get it if the products were cheaper because they roll off assembly lines designed to expedite by installing the same thing in every car that comes off them, but that is not how those lines work at all. You can upgrade every feature to your heart's content with custom factory installs, but not downgrade by choosing none of the above, just let it go by this time.

You wouldn't eat in a restaurant where they won't hold the ketchup if order it that way. But you have no choice when it comes to buy a car.

And I would get it if the makers said "everyone wants these items so we build for the masses, and that makes our lives easier." False. There's a lot of crap no one wants or uses but they sell the cars with the stuff without giving an end buyer a choice.

Today I have to buy a fridge. Fridges that are the size of our space uniformly come with ice makers and usually come with external water dispensers that use up a lot of electricity, aren't practical because they splash water and ice but don't drain, and require $100 a year in filters. Even the salesmen say these are prone to repeated failure and it is bad for their business to sell you an object that is impractical and prone to failure.

But there's no real choice other than to use an ill-fitting and gruesome looking much smaller alternate.

Not every fridge has an exterior dispenser, but most do. Some purveyors allow you to turn off -- but not remove -- the ice maker to limit the risk of failure and reduce the energy waste, though there remains the lost space containing the useless device. But some also require users to hook up a water line even if they are not going to use the ice maker, adding hundreds of dollars of plumbing and other installation costs for anyone not on top of it enough to ask about models without that requirement.

What a freakin world. We are supposed to be improving it. Instead, we have big companies nickel and diming everyone everywhere, and then Trump.

Last edited by Total Noob; October 4th, 2019 at 05:47 PM.
Old October 13th, 2019, 10:28 PM

Yup and people dont even realise how bad things are getting!
Closed Topic