Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Topic Tools
Old April 27th, 2014, 03:38 AM

firefox automatically redirecting to undesired website

I'm having a problem with my Firefox browser, automatically redirecting me to a different other than than the website I've typed in the URL address bar.
So far I've only noticed such redirecting, only when I try to visit metacrawler.com meta-search engine website, as it automatically redirects me to zoo.com/Zoo-Site/, of which is another search engine, of which I've never heard of, or used.
Is there some way I could change the Firefox settings to prevent this redirecting?
Right now, the only way I can visit metacrawler.com, is by typing it in my Google seach box, and then clicking on the results list, which is somewhat of a nuisance.

Old April 27th, 2014, 05:46 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Wikipedia: MetaCrawler
Quote:
Go2net went public on the Nasdaq in 1998 with its primary asset being MetaCrawler.com. MetaCrawler.com and Go2net were acquired by InfoSpace (now Blucora) in 1999 for $4.2 billion. As from 2014, www.metacrawler.com is now being redirected to www.zoo.com, which is another Blucora owned search engine for kids.
Old April 30th, 2014, 07:50 AM

In the menu "Options" when there is an option to redirect whether warnings on the last label. If you are unable to perform redirection encounter pages, in the address bar enter about: After config, enter the configuration interface filter filtration column input redirect, will see a network.http.redirection-limit parameter column, the default value is 20 If it is unable to redirect a 0.
PS:
1 This parameter is valid only for HTTP redirects and JavaScript on the HTML meta tag is invalid.
2 Beware, about: config command at risk, improper change will cause a huge problem!
Old April 30th, 2014, 03:27 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by alissabrad View Post
In the menu "Options" when there is an option to redirect whether warnings on the last label. If you are unable to perform redirection encounter pages, in the address bar enter about: After config, enter the configuration interface filter filtration column input redirect, will see a network.http.redirection-limit parameter column, the default value is 20 If it is unable to redirect a 0.
PS:
1 This parameter is valid only for HTTP redirects and JavaScript on the HTML meta tag is invalid.
2 Beware, about: config command at risk, improper change will cause a huge problem!
Say what? That makes absolutely no sense.
Old May 19th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Banned

This vicious malware attacks Mozilla Firefox browser and redirects your Internet searches to unwanted sites. For example, your Google search “Top Smartphone Apps” may redirect to a web page full with pop-up advertisements. The Firefox Redirect Virus can accomplish this by altering Domain Name System (DNS) and reconfiguring your browser settings to manipulate search engine results and load malicious websites.