Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Topic Tools
Old March 7th, 2020, 08:18 PM

Please Help. Lenovo AIO Screen Flickering

Hello,

my Lenovo Ideacentre Flex 20's screen randomly began to flicker a few days ago. It does so in a pulsing motion at roughly five second intervals consistently (meaning the flicker will last for five seconds and pause for five seconds), with this behavior mainly affecting the top portion of the screen. Upon starting my computer, the flickering only starts once Windows has fully loaded and begins with a small, barely noticeable spasm but after a few minutes progresses into a full blown rhythmic screen wave.

As far as external influences go, my computer was never dropped, hit or had any contact with water. The unit is basically brand new and never moves from my desk. Furthermore, my Ideacentre has never been in contact with any other device or anything with magnetic properties for that matter.

I would love to hear what a tech guy or someone knowledgeable with Lenovo products has to say. Does anyone have experience with this issue or had a similar problem? I'm hoping it might be a software thing... Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading,

John

Old March 7th, 2020, 08:34 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Hi John.

I had to look up the Flex 20 for specifics. It has a screen rotation lock button. Is this on or off when you have the screen problem?
Old March 7th, 2020, 10:30 PM

Hey Jintan,

thanks for your reply. Currently the screen rotation lock is on as I'm currently experiencing this problem. I've tried toggling the switch to turn it off but it appears to make no difference.

What do you think the problem is? Is there anything I can do myself at home?
Old March 7th, 2020, 10:35 PM

Have you left the switch in the off position and rebooted the computer? And also check when it's in the on position and reboot.
Old March 8th, 2020, 12:17 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
If Windows 10????

Read THIS
Old March 8th, 2020, 03:26 AM

I tried the auto rotate switch in both positions upon reboot. I tried safe mode and the bios screen. The flicker is relentless.
Old March 8th, 2020, 09:50 PM

Thanks for the reply, @Murf. I am running Windows 10 but no matter what test I do the flicker remains unfazed. I've updated the drivers, booted in safe mode and gone into the Bios screen.

I've been getting some info from a few other techs online and they seem to unanimously agree that it's a hardware issue... Sadly, I'm starting to believe them...
Old March 8th, 2020, 10:28 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
And, if it's flickering even while in the BIOS I would agree with them. The problem cannot be Windows if Windows isn't even running.
Old March 12th, 2020, 01:38 PM

All my checking says it's the graphics cable. And replacing it only brought a temp solution for some, and others no improvement. Lenovo even has a class action suit against it for the flickering in the Flex 5.
Old March 12th, 2020, 10:16 PM

Interesting - a Flex 5 software solution here. Might be a Flex 20 fix.

I should mention it is considered kinda uncool to post on the same issue in multiple forums. Can have folks suggesting changes other folks are unaware of, and other issues.