Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Topic Tools
Old January 14th, 2018, 06:31 AM

Can't load Windows install.

Good day all,

What would make me unable to install Windows 7 (Blue screen from either a cd or a usb boot drive" from an install that's worked in the past? Hardware issue??

Thanks

Old January 14th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Malware Removal Team

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahMan View Post
Good day all,

What would make me unable to install Windows 7 (Blue screen from either a cd or a usb boot drive" from an install that's worked in the past? Hardware issue??

Thanks
Good day MistahMan,
I can only help you with your problems with the malware. You should write your other questions in the relevant chapters.

Are you having a problem right now?
Old January 15th, 2018, 04:34 AM

Hello Olgun.

I'm not sure how this ended up here. Maybe it can be moved to a more appropriate section by the admins as I don't believe this is a malware issue. Thanks tho.
Old January 16th, 2018, 03:43 PM

Basically I get a blue screen on several tries and then it eventually works. Once it works and Windows is loaded I have no problem...
Old January 27th, 2018, 08:11 PM

Can you explain exactly where the blue screen occurs? I mean does the install start but blue screens at a certain point or does it blue screen immediately when the disk or flash drive tries to boot. Also just because you eventually get it to install doesn't mean that there is not a problem that may show up in the future when you least expect it. To test that you might try booting up a boot utility disk with CD set to first device and see what happens.

I don't know how old your PC is, if its a tower or a laptop, but if its older and a tower check inside to see if your motherboard capacitors show signs of swelling.
Old January 28th, 2018, 03:45 PM

The blue screen will occur at any moment after the "Windows is loading files" message and the logo comes on. Sometimes it will blue screen after I choose what version of the operating system I'm installing too. So I will keep trying and then it eventually lets me through. Once it has however I have no bluescreens anymore... Something about the install process causes the bluescreen.
Old January 28th, 2018, 09:14 PM
Certifiable Bum

O/S: Linux
tell about the windows disk. is it for another computer? is it retail or a burned copy? why are you wanting to reinstall? if you are reinstalling because of a problem, it could be related. also what is the full model number of the computer.
Old January 29th, 2018, 04:09 AM

It's a burned copy but I still have the original Iso and they both used to work fine. I have tried booting from a USB drive with the orignal ISO in case the DVD might be damaged. Same result.

As for the reason for re-installing, I had added some memory and wanted to run on 64 bit rather than 32 which is what I was on before.

And for the computer model, not sure I have one since it's not a ready made brand name computer. It was put together.
Old January 29th, 2018, 09:22 PM
Certifiable Bum

then what motherboard? is it 64bit compatible? one other thing since you say you used the disk before, if the win7 is being used in another computer or came with another computer or was used to justified an upgrade then it cannot be use again.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 03:59 AM

This is my motherboard: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2NE/specifications/

The windows disk is a copy. I've used it on other computers and it works fine.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 05:54 AM
Certifiable Bum

sounds like you are using an illegal copy.
Old February 3rd, 2018, 05:55 AM

That wouldn't be causing the problem if it worked once tho.
Old February 5th, 2018, 04:07 AM

Have you integrated critical updates or drivers to the disk since the days it was working fine? Also remember your working in DOS while installing, not the OS environment and Windows uses your memory sticks a lot during this time. Have you run memtest86 or tried using one stick at a time when you had problems?

Last edited by Appzalien; February 5th, 2018 at 04:12 AM.
Old February 5th, 2018, 05:10 AM

Yes, all updates were made. What you said about working in DOS makes sense tho. Although I have run Memtest86 and encountered no problems. I haven't tried running one stick at a time.